The Club responds to world emergencies as and when they happen in a number of ways:-
- Cash Collections to support disasters at various points in the town known as "tin shakes"
- Direct contributions to Rotary Clubs in the area of the established need.
- Contribution to other UK Rotary Clubs handling large projects needing additional financial support
- We purchase Aqua Boxes (container filled with basic life sustaining needs which acts as a water purifier when empty) for the club members and other organisations to fill. They are then forwarded to a disaster coordination centre for distribution.
- We purchase Shelter Boxes (Large container already filled with total life support facilities including shelter and cooking utensils). They are then despatched to the area of need by a relief organisation as and when the need arises.
- We collect medical equipment and spectacles that are surplus to local requirements and deliver to a central warehouse from which they are despatched to under developed countries.
We promote goodwill with other countries with visitors, speakers, visits and have a "twinning" type arrangement with the Rotary Club of Grenoble Sud in France