Club Committees/ Community & Vocational Services
Community & Vocational Committee Programme
Chairman: Andrew Moir
Deputy Chairman: Hugh Whittam
The Committee is proposing to continue with the good foundation work set by the previous Chairman with targets that are balanced and achievable.
- Community - Continue to support the annual Stroke Awareness Day.
- The 'Kids Day Out' and foster closer relations with the local Scout Groups.
- support the British Legion Poppy Appeal by assisting with a cash counting team.
- Environmentally - continue with the annual A590 clear up, hopefully starting earlier to clear more undergrowth allowing for a better show of daffodils.
- Also follow up clearing of the Ulverston Station Garden.
- investigating the possibility of a Wishing Well at Fell Foot.
- Literacy - Continuing the 'Dictionary 4 Life' project.
- Our Calvert Trust involvement will be organised by our New Generations committee with our support.
- Our Santa's street collections are to be continued before Christmas.