Rotary is an organisation of men and women who volunteer their time and talents to serve their communities at home and overseas. It is the largest humanitarian service organisation in Great Britain and Ireland for people who want to make a better world, and who are dedicated to providing friendly help to local and international communities.
The world's Rotary clubs meet weekly and are non-political, non-religious, and open to all cultures, races, and creeds. Rotary is a networking organisation on an international scale - Rotarians are welcome to visit any Club anywhere in the world.
When you join Rotary, you can be sure that the enormous sense of achievement that you’ll experience helping your local community - and even communities around the world - will be matched only by the fun that you’ll have doing it!
Rotary supports programmes for youth, educational opportunities and international exchanges for students, teachers, and other professionals, and vocational and career development.
If Rotary sounds like the organisation for you, we’d like to hear from you! Simply drop us an email via the contact section.
In addition to individual members, our Club is looking for businesses and organisations who would like to support our efforts by becoming Corporate Members. Other clubs that have introduced Corporate Members have welcomed the positive contribution made. It works as follows:
If you would like to discuss how your organisation could become involved, please contact our Membership Chair Joe Gowland using the contact form below.
In the Downloads page you will find the Club Information Leaflet which tells you about the Club and procedure for joining. There is also a downloadable booklet aimed at new members giving more detailed information.
For Rotary in general, follow the link to Rotary GB&I (Rotary in Britain and Ireland) under Other Links. For Videos go to Links to other sites and find YouTube pages for Rotary GB&I or Rotherham Rotary.
The Rotary Club of Rotherham has an active Membership Committee which aims to recruit the right sort of men and women who are prepared to give their time in service to the community and to the Club, and contribute to the fellowship within the Club with regular attendance at meetings and participation in social events. Details of how this is achieved is given in the Membership Programme.
ARE YOU INTERESTED? THEN CONTACT US.
Membership plays a vital role in the future of any Rotary Club, by attracting new members to keep the Club alive and looking after the needs of existing members to ensure their continued involvement and membership. This is being done through:-
1. "6 for 1" Sub-groups of six members plus Group Leader which meet regularly usually by sitting together at a business meeting to discuss membership issues and ways to improve the Club generally. (the sub-groups are listed in the Members area)
2. A New Members' Group, who, we hope, will provide us with fresh ideas and views on membership and retention.
3. The Membership Committee has recently combined with Marketing, PR & Communications, with the aim of keeping members more informed about Club activities, and producing literature to help new and existing members.
4. Focussing on support for individual members, as and when necessary.
5. Improving the induction and mentoring process for new members.
6. Continuing to address the balance within our age range of 33 to 80, though our main criterion is recruiting people who will be good Rotarians.
7. Meeting the needs of members to retain their interest and continuing membership through a full programme of activities, social and other events.
more Join Rotherham Rotarians and become part of a worldwide organisation of over two million men and women who volunteer their time and talents to improving the lives of people in their local communities and others around the world.