The Youth and Community are responsible for ensuring that we suport our local schools and local community organisations.
- Identifying and being responsive to the needs of organisations and
individuals within the community( particularly those at a perceived
disadvantage) and working in partnership with other bodies where
appropriate to address these needs
- Participating in Rotary District or National campaigns where
appropriate to the remit of the Committee eg in the areas of health,
education or the environment
- Broadening the vocational horizons of Club members through information visits or other activities
- Promoting the image of Rotary within the community in fulfilling the Committee remit
- involving all Club members wherever possible in projects and activities undertaken
We are actively involved with the local schools in the area. Each year
we engage with the schools to support fund raising for a Rotary
sponsored international project. In the past these have included: Jaipur
Limbs, Mary's Meals, Nepal Trust Little Doctors and Mercy Ships
We also organise a number of competitions for the schools that include:
- Young Musician of the Year for Primary and Secondary Schools.
- Primary school quiz.
- Public Speaking Competition
We help support a number of local community activities that include:
- Party in the Park - handing out wrist bands for children at Bathgate's music festival
- Rotating books - books are left in public places to be read and returned
- Kids Out - support our local special needs school to attend event and help with a stall