Community Projects Team
This Team works with local people to raise funds for the local community
Andrew Kiteley PH - Team Leader
This Team organises activities on behalf of the club to raise funds to support the local community. The teams motto is 'Charity begins at home'.
We currently having to modify our activities, searching for diffent methods to acheive viable fund raising:
- Bucket collections at the local Waitrose and Tesco stores in the pre Christmas period, proceeds to Newmarket Day Centre and other good causes. Looking at card reders for contactless payments.
- An annual Carol Concert at Tattersalls that involves both local schools and choirs all led by our very own conductor, Rotarian Christine Shand. Lots of ideas pursued to see how this feature event could be staged - watch this space.
- This annual support of providing hands on help at the Newmarket Day Centre, where we assist the regular staff in serving lunches and chatting to their clientele daily during their special Christmas Party Lunch week. This event may not be possible this coming Christmas, given the age and vulnerability of their clients
- Supporting Primary Schools' Sports Partnerships programme, these sporting events have been postponed
- Accepting requests for funding from local people and organisation.
- Having lots of fun, chatter and laughter.
The team members are now focusing on local good causes to help our community get through this most difficult time.