Canter (Chair), Keith
Barnard-Jones, Bruce Bonwell, Peter Burrows, Ian McPheat, Trevor Primett
- Retention of current members, with
interesting Zoom meetings and Aqua/face to face meetings later in the
year, restrictions permitting.
- To build upon our good
relationships with other clubs by inviting them to our Zoom meetings, or
- Recruitment of new members could be
difficult in first six months, but potential members can be invited to our
- Explore opportunities for engaging
with younger people and other discreet groups on the Island, who may be
interested in joint ventures, perhaps creating an ‘associate’ arm of our
- Richard has kindly scoped the many
overlapping Island organisations, so that we may understand the landscape,
where support is needed, and where opportunities lie.
- Keith continues to be our Welfare
Officer. He ensures that members who may need some support are looked
after. This has been a particularly
important role in recent months when our face to face meetings have ceased
due to Covid-19 restrictions, ensuring those who do not have access to the
internet remain engaged and included.
- Keith continues to update Rotary
articles in the Free Portland News when it is published.
- Our Rotary publication Porthole
has been paused until we are able to recommence face to face meetings.
- Peter continues to update and
publish the Club diary for 2020-21.
- Week 1 – Committee meetings (no
full club meeting)
- Week 2 – Committees to organise:
updates to club, speakers etc on a rota basis. Followed by a Council meeting.
- Week 3 – Business Meeting (whole
- Week 4 – Guest Night with interesting
- All members are asked to
suggest/nominate speakers for Week 4.
Peter and Celia will co-ordinate speakers and dates.
- We have enjoyed taking part in
Rotary activities in the past and very much hope that we might be able to
arrange skittles and District Quiz teams in 2021.
Celia Canter President Elect