"What an amazing trip! My first visit to the country and I have come home with hundreds of photos. But there are some things you can't capture in a photograph
- the friendliness of the people everywhere;
- the chaos on the roads;
- thousands(it seemed) of tiny shops lining roads;
- the sheer vastness of the game reserves;
- and many more.
There were so many highlights it's difficult to pick the top ones but here goes
- Meeting the albinos brought home to me the real difficulties they face
- The children who "helped" us paint their classroom; they just got stuck in with enormous enthusiasm and probably got more paint on themselves than the walls. But they didn't half enjoy it
- Meeting the 2 children I sponsor at the leprosy colony. We had a wonderful afternoon of fun and games - football, pass the parcel, statues and musical chairs.I remember particularly the song of welcome which the children had made up and performed for us.
- And of course the safari which had so many highlights of its own. I'll pick just 2: two leopards walking past our Landrover so close you could touch them. And the view of the Ngorongoro crater from my hotel room was absolutely spellbinding"
more An update on our Tanzania Projects following a visit to Tanzania in Jan 2010
more A talk by PP Bill Stewart
back The Rotary Club of Kirkcaldy supports various projects around the world.