SUPPORT FOR CHARITIES
The Rotary Club of Idle & Greengates contributes to FOUNDATION which is a Rotary International Charity that works with World Agencies.The club also raises money for its own fund from which it supports charitable appeals and disaster funds.
In recent years The Rotary Club of Idle & Greengates has been delighted to support the following appeals.
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance
- Bradford Cancer Support
- Pakistan Flood Relief
- Bradford Drug Watch
- Bradford Soup Run
- Brazil Music School
- Marie Curie Hospice
- Bradford Lord Mayor's Appeal
- Undercliffe Cemetery
- Immanuel College Borneo Project
- Local Refuge for Women
- The Army Benevolent Fund
- Polio Plus
- CORD Chinmaya Organisation for Rural Development
- Calder Valley Flood Appeal
- Shelter Boxes for Disaster Areas
- RIBI Sand Dams to increase water storage capacity in seasonal rivers
- International Shoe Box Appeal
- Somerset Levels Flood Appeal
- Children's Air Ambulance
- Life Education for Bradford Schools
- Mary's Meals. Daily meals for children.
- Ambulances for Sierra Leone appeal.
- The Canterbury Imagine Project.
- The Idle Memory Club.
- Martin House Children's Hospice
- Water Survival Box