'What We Do' - Rotary Charities/ The Rotary Foundation
Rotary's Own Charity - The Rotary Foundation
Rotary Foundation is a Rotary charity which offers health and welfare support to disadvantaged communities. Its priority areas are:
- the prevention and treatment of disease;
- the provision of safe water and improved sanitation and hygiene;
- the enhancement of maternity and child health provision and especially the reduction of - the child mortality rate;
- the development of education and literacy;
- economic and community development.
In every area of intervention sustainability is a prime objective, encouraging community responsibility for education, the training of professionals and the development of infrastructure.