Supporting our own charity
The role of the club Rotary Foundation Committee is to develop and implement a plan to support the Foundation through participation in grant projects and activities and through financial contributions.
The Committee’s responsibilities are summarised as follows:
· Develop committee goals to achieve club Foundation goals for the coming year.
· Educate club members about the Foundation
· Encourage and facilitate participation in Foundation grants and activities.
· Ensure that the club and its members contribute to the Rotary Foundation.
· Ensure that the club is qualified to receive Rotary Foundation grants and that it maintains a system for managing grant funds as outlined in the club Memorandum of Understanding.
· Contact with the District Rotary Foundation committee chair to find alumni or volunteers to relate their experiences with the Rotary Foundation.
· Work with the service projects committee to develop signature and sustainable projects.
KCRC by donating a £1.00 per week towards the wine raffle and contributions dictated (in fun!)by the Sergeant-at-Arms at club meetings aim to raise approximately £2000.00 per year towards the Foundation which in turn enables grants to be awarded for worthy sustainable causes as well as help in eradicating worldwide diseases such as Polio through the Polio Plus programme.
The committee is also preparing to help the club to apply for District and Rotary GB&I matching grants towards the FARA charity in Romania. The Club were represented in a recent fact finding trip to Suceava in Romania by representatives from the International and Foundation Committees where visits were made to various orphanages together with members of the Rotary Club of Suceava.
The Club has also applied for a matching grant from the Work Mentoring initiative sponsored by Rotarian Chris Davies.