Johnnies Weekly News 23/11/2015
Details of the evening activities
Notes on the meeting of Monday 23rd November
The highlight of our social evening was an unexpected visit from Hon. Member Richard. He’s involved in the provision of a monthly ‘Cinema’ experience in the Village Hall for the good folk of the village. It’s hoped that some elderly residents will attend, but they’ll need collecting and returning to their homes by (free service) mini-bus. The help of a ‘bus-conductor’ come ‘shot-gun rider’ (volunteer from B’gore Rotary Club) to assist the elderly folk, would be welcomed. The next performance will be ‘Mr Holmes’ on Wed. 16th Dec. £5 p.h., but free to the ‘Good Samaritan.’ The Jan. film is ‘Lady in the Van.’
There’d been no club visits!
- John circulated details of (our mother Club) Highcliffe R.C.’s Quiz Night 16th Jan. Fish & Chip supper. £10 ph.
- Bob thanks all those involved in the collection, sorting and delivery of Shoe Boxes. It’s been a record year for the District, under the leadership of Jeff Philpott and 26,957 shoe boxes have been collected for distribution in the Philippines, Montenegro and Moldavia. Bransgore was especially thanked for only charging £1 per box. He’d also received a letter of thanks for our supporting Sand Dams. Bob attended an interesting District International Seminar. Leaflets and speakers available promoting Water Wells in India and help for Nepal in the aftermath of the earthquake.
- Brian announced that a further £100 has been raised through the Master-at-Arms, making a total of £300 during Nigel’s year so far!
- Nick’s applied and the Club’s paid for this year’s Dictionaries for Life.
- Les announced that the final figure for the Beer Fest is in excess of £22,000. Fantastic! Next year will require greater involvement with NFDC due to increased attendance.
- Nigel gave a brief report on the Group 3 meeting. He invites £25.95 ph. payment next week for Club’s X’mas Party. Fri 18th Dec. 7.00 for 7.30. Dress Jackets & (Xmas) ties. £6 Secret Santa Gifts suitably wrapped for Male/Female. Club Council Meeting next Tuesday 1st Dec. Johnnie welcomes Committee Chair Reports and spending requests. Lewis Manning Trust Open Day invite. Thurs. 27th Nov.
- George has arranged our contribution towards the Lunch Club’s Xmas Presents for which Bob2 kindly made the Gift Tags.
- Next week’s speaker: Daniel Maidmont from Hants Fire & Rescue Service on ‘Community Resilience’
- Non attendance for meetings should be notified to Nick on 01425 620302
Dates for your diary:
Fri. 4th Dec. Switch on Xmas Lights
Fri 18th Dec. Xmas Party @ Tyrell’s Ford.
Mon 11th Jan. Membership Recruitment Evening
Mon 25th Jan. Burns Night @ The Carpenters.
1st – 3rd April. Rotary GB&I Conference in B’mouth. £65 for early registrants.
Sun 5th June. Bransgore’s Fun Run.
Fri 10th June. Nigel’s President’s Night. Avonmouth Hotel
24th – 26th Sept 2016. B’gore Beer Fest!
George was Master @ Arms and also won the raffle!
John opens World Parkinson's Day Event at Pavilion Dance
Rotary support for Parkinson's sufferersdetails