Community & Vocational/ Our C&V Projects Overview
The Community & Vocational Committee is active handing out funds, some of which the committee members helped raise themselves.
We have given funds to:May 2019
- We donated money to WNAA.
- We donated money to 'Bernardos' -Warwick District Childeren & Family Centre
- to Priorsfield School to help pay for the extra teaching staff, who are needed to support an extra-curricular Imagineering Project, which helps the children learn some basic engineering skills
Before May 2019
- for the Waverley Day Centre, which were raised by holding a very successful Diwali evening at the Indian Ark restaurant
- for 5,000 crocus bulbs which were duly planted at Kenilworth School and Priorsfield School, as well as in club members' gardens. The Crocus is the emblem of Rotary’s End Polio campaign.
- Contributions were also made to Molly Olly’s Wishes, Clinton School and others. We raised funds for Children in Need at the switching-on of the Christmas Lights in the town centre.
- At the year-end, we paid out £500 to Kenilworth Gang Show, and gave support to British Legion and the Helping Hands charity.
Looking at our recent achievements, we are proud to have been able to support all of the following organisations:
- The Kenilworth Centre
- Kenilworth Wardens Defibrillator
- Sponsorship of an overseas student to study at Warwick University (jointly with Rotary Club of Coventry North)
- 4th Kenilworth Scout Troop
- Kenilworth School
- Kenilworth Cubs 100
- Rotary Disabled Sports
- Side by Side
- ServeOn Charity (50:50 donation between Community & Vocational and International)