International & Foundation/ Literacy & Education
The Club’s education & Literacy projects are aimed at helping families to break the cycle of poverty & thus benefit their communities over the longer term.
In certain cases, we support the education of individual children – in Guatemala, for example, where we support two underprivileged Mayan children.
Our Child Literacy and Education Projects include:
- Child Literacy Project (The_GLP.) The Guatemala Literacy oject is organised by the CoEd & funds the operation of the GLP at no cost to Rotary, as part of its commitment to the education of Guatemalan children. Please click here to see their latest report. For May 2019 Update click here.
- School Rebuild in Nepal in conjunction with the Rotary Club of Nuneaton
- Child Literacy Project, Otra Cosa, Peru
- Schools & Latrines in Mlambe, Malawi and Napal School toilets & Shower Block
- Warwick in Africa – Educational projects in various African countries
Please click on the project for more information
LATEST UPDATE ON LITERACY IN GUATEMALA - please click here
Purple4 Polio Crocus Planting
Kenilworth School Interact members supporting the End of Polio Now Compaindetails
We have several projects relating to Children's Eye Health, Child Cancer and Children's Special Medical Needs, including:details
Our Foundation activities are managed by our International & Foundation Committee, led by John Stantondetails
Fight against Polio
World Wide Rotary recognises October 24th each year as End Polio Now Day. Polio is nearly but not yet quite eliminated. Look for the Kenilworth Rotary's Stand in Talisman Square on Thursday 24 October - and in the evening on the facade of The Holiday Inn.details