We use Zoom online meeting software for members of the club to meet or discuss projects. Meetings are scheduled for the first Sunday and third Tuesday of the month commencing at 8.00pm (GMT/BST). Go online anytime from about 7.45 for an informal chat with your friends before the meeting starts.
To use Zoom
In order to take part in an online meeting you will require a device with speakers and microphone. Additionally a webcam will enable us to see your face. Modern laptops are probasbly best but smartphones, tablets, and desktop computers can all be used. These should be set up according to the instructions that came with the device.If you would like to have a trial run beforehand drop Iain Shaw an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Zoom facility can be accessed in the following ways:-
PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android using a link we will provide you with. Please contact us using the Contact button at the top of the page for this information.
Guidelines for use
When we are meeting using Zoom a few guidelines need to be followed to use our time effectively: -
- Please logon to the meeting early to ensure that audio and video are set up correctly and to give the meeting host an opportunity to check the audio levels at their end. Also gives you a chance to chat to other members before the meeting officially starts.
- During presentations all participants apart from the speaker will be muted. Should you wish to ask a question please 'raise your hand'. This is done by clicking on 'Participants' and scrolling to the foot of that section where you should see a 'Raise Hand' symbol. Tap that and wait for the Chair to invite you to speak then unmute your microphone.
- Please note that the meetings may be recorded for fellow members to view at a later date.
- Please have your microphone muted until it’s your turn to speak - it stops extraneous noises interupting the meeting. If you have no need to speak, and you haven’t already been muted by the presenter, mute yourself.
- Download Zoom if you don't already have the app https://zoom.us/support/download (versions are also available for Apple and Android devices). Ideally you should do this well before the meeting starts to give yourself time to become familiar with the system.
- Launch the application, which, if required, will install Zoom on your local machine.
- Select “Join a Meeting”
- Enter the meeting ID which we will have provided and enter your name in the fields provided. You may also be asked for a password which we will provide you with separately. Tick Remember my name for future meetings, leave “Don’t connect to audio” unticked.
- You will be given the option of joining the meeting audio either by phone or computer. If joining by computer take the opportunity to test your audio and video.
- You should have now entered the Waiting Room for the meeting.
For more information please view the Zoom Website (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/200101697-Getting-Started)