Evening Satellite Group of the Royal Leamington Spa Rotary Club
Our Evening Satellite Group meets at the Fat Pug in Guy's Cliffe road and new members are always welcome.
Welcome to the Evening Satellite Group of the Rotary Club of Royal Leamington Spa where Rosemary Good and her team extend their warmest greetings to you. Our Group meets every second Thursday (counting from 11th July) from 18:30 to 19.30. There we discuss the group's projects and plan for the future.
For 2019-2020 these are:-
- ROTARACT. Continue support of Rotaract in Leamington with the aim of growing membership. Rotaract members are already attending satellite evening group meetings
- A TASTE OF LEAMINGTON. Now in its fourth successful year, planning for this multi restaurant fine dining experience is well advanced. As a fundraiser for Parkinsons UK and Rotary charities the event raised £2,700 in 2018. 15 October 2019 is the date for your diary this year.
- EVELYN’S GIFT. Our successful partnership with locally-based charity Evelyn’s Gift will continue with the provision of financial and hands-on support for specific project/s. The club will apply for a district grant to help with the renovation of a Contact Room to provide a safe and welcoming environment for children to interact with estranged parents, siblings in foster care, etc.
- GRACE CAFE. A working relationship has recently been established with this small Leamington based charity which meet weekly to befriend and create community amongst marginalised and lonely people in our town, with special emphasis on those with mental health problems and learning disabilities.
- KNOW YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE. 10 August 2019. A successful community service project established in 2018.
- QUIZ. A fundraising quiz will be organised as a club social event during the year in aid of Rotary’s End Polio Now campaign.
- MERCY SHIPS. At the invitation of Mercy Ships, Linda John and Rosemary Good are journeying to Gran Canaria on 27 July to tour the new hospital ship ‘Africa Mercy’ before she sets sail for a 10 month stay in Senegal. Mercy Ships are entirely staffed by volunteers from around the world. This contact was made at RIBI conference in in Nottingham last May. Mercy Ships is a charity supported by Rotary International who has made a multi-million £ donation to develop and equip a specialist theatre on board the Africa Mercy.
- SUPPORTING OUR ROTARY CLUB. The Satellite Evening Group (SEG) supports club events, evening meetings and international/UK fellowship visits. The SEG recognise that connecting to other clubs in district will generate more support for activities, is enjoyable and widens our understanding of Rotary.
If you are interested in joining our group please complete the contact form at the foot of this page
You can also check out our Facebook page from the link below
The Rotary name and logo are the exclusive property of Rotary International and are used here under Rotary International Internet Policy Guidelines. © Rotary