2019 Classic Car Rally
This year's Classic Car Rally takes place on 1st September
The 2019 Classic Rally – Sunday 1st September
We would like to invite you to take part in this year’s RCKD Scenic Rally for classic cars. We take a fairly flexible view of what defines a classic car? Is it a car made in the 1980’s or earlier? Yes! But it is also any car that has an aesthetic appeal; in other words it turns heads, either because it looks gorgeous or it evokes fond memories. So, 2019 Aston Martin or 1959 Morris Minor – all welcome.
We aim to combine an interesting and enjoyable day for those taking part in the rally with an opportunity to raise funds for the club’s various local charitable activities.
We recommend that each vehicle has a minimum of a driver and navigator. Additional passengers may be carried at the driver’s discretion.
Start and Finish
This year the event will start and finish at Bentley Manor, Church Road, Little Bentley, CO7 8SE. Bentley Manor has ample parking and will be open to participants from 10:00; the rally will start at 11:00.
A completion certificate will be given to every driver who completes the course. At the end of the rally we would like to invite all participants to join us for a BBQ in the gardens at Bentley Manor. There will be a small charge to cover the cost of the food and drink.
The route is approx 80 miles and includes 2 check points.
Details of the check points and the recommended route will be included in the entry pack, given to each participating driver. Please ensure you have a fully charged mobile phone with you in case we need to contact you for any reason during the rally.
By popular request there will be various clues to solve again this year and a small prize for the driver/navigator who solves them all.
Entry is now open and will close on Friday 23rd August 2019 or when the maximum number of entries has been reached.
The cost of each entry has been reduced this year and is £20.00 per vehicle.
All profits from the event will be used to support local charities or community projects.
Some general points to consider.
- Comply with speed limits at all times. The majority of the route is on country roads; please drive with care and courtesy to all other road users.
- Be alert to the possibilities of pedestrians on minor roads due to lack of footpaths.
- Do not hold up other road users. If a vehicle wishes to overtake please find a safe spot and allow the car to pass.
- Drivers are responsible for ensuring their vehicle complies with current RTA legislation and is in a safe and roadworthy condition. The organisers will not be carrying out any scrutiny or safety checks of any kind.
- Participants should have made their own arrangements in the event of breakdown during the rally (ie, RAC, AA, Green Flag etc). The organisers will provide each driver with a contact number for use in an emergency.
- Please stop at each check point to allow our marshals to monitor progress and offer assistance if needed.
Tulip route guides will be provided but the back up of a good road map is recommended. We regret that this year’s route spreads across OS maps 155, 168 and 169; having all these open in a classic car cockpit might be a challenge! Satnav technology may be used if preferred.
The organisers will supply a rally plate for each vehicle, to be displayed on the front of the car.
It is the responsibility of the entrants to ensure that they are covered by insurance for the duration of the event.
The organisers accept no liability for any incidents during the rally.
Register your interest as soon as possible by completing the attached entry form and returning it with payment of £20.00 to Ken Aldred. 29 Peto Avenue, Colchester, Essex. CO4 5WG. Closing date is 23rd August but may be earlier depending on the interest shown so book early to avoid disappointment.