What is RotaKids?
RotaKids is a fun and exciting way for children aged 7-12 to make friends and get involved with important activities in the community, all while having a great time in the process.
The RotaKids Club at The Haven Voluntary Aided Church of England Primary School was formed in March 2018 and is chartered to our Rotary club - it is facilitated by a teacher at the school - and typically has around twelve members from years 5 and 6.
The RotaKids decide how they will raise funds and which charities they will use these for, as well as what they will do to improve their community – both at their school and in the locality.
To date our RotaKids Club has
· Raised several hundred pounds to send to the Quicken Trust in Uganda to help orphaned children;
· Visited Queen Alexandra Homes to chat with the elderly residents;
· Made a collection for the Foodbank, taken it there and had a tour of the site;
· Helped design a Peace Garden for their school;
· Given an assembly about Polio to the whole school;
· Helped to plant purple crocus corms in the school grounds;
· Interviewed the Town’s local MP – Stephen Lloyd
Our Rotary Club is very proud of the RotaKids and their enthusiasm and commitment to making positive changes in the lives of others.
Sovereign Harbour Rotary Club has been happy to support the Haven School with a small grant towards the Peace Garden and towards the purchase of outdoor learning equipment, making it easier for teachers to use the school grounds as a place of learning.