Santa's Fun Run K9 Challenge
Sat 19th December 2020 at 1.00 am - Sun 20th December 2020 - 11.00 pm
The organisers of Marlow Santa's Fun Run have had many requests from dog owners regarding participation in the 2020 event PLEASE NOTE DATE CHANGE OF THE MAIN EVENT - NOW December 19th-20th - or later in December
We issue the following advice aimed at offering a fun and Covid 19 compliant Christmas run or walk for you and your best friend!
1. First – you of course have to enter the Fun Run via www.santasfunrun.org. You
We suggest that dog owners use public park areas over the 5th and 6th December – and Higginson Park offers perhaps the ideal venue. So here are a few suggestions:
have to pay – but your dog (or dogs) – all go free!
2. Once you receive your Santa outfit think about how to dress your dog similarly
3. The event will take place at a time of your choosing on the 5th and 6th December, and of course you have to run or walk in groups of 6 or less. You choose how far – and whether you run or walk. So get together with other dog owners to organise a suitable time and meeting place!
4. We understand photographers will be around for much of each day – to capture the sights. You may even become famous!
5. On the subject of photographs – also take your own. There is a competition and the best pet photo will win £250 for your favourite charity. And if your photo is chosen as the best photo of the overall event a further £500 will be added
6. Details are on www.santasfunrun.org – and you enter there. Photos should be sent to email@example.com and we will enter your photo into the competition.
(We will of course check that you actually entered the Fun Run!)
7. And in all up to £5000 is available for prizes to chosen charities in various entry
8. Finally – why not raise further money for charity by setting up a Virgin Giving page
(details again on the website). Last year we raised £50,000 for charity – let’s see if
we can do it again this year.