Rotary Club of Faringdon & District Privacy Notice
Rotary Club of Faringdon and District being within RI District 1090 and
Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland (RGBI)
Non-members Privacy Notice
The Rotary Club of Faringdon
& District Rotary (FRC) and the White Horse Group (satellite group to FRC) being
within District 1090 and Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland,
(RGBI) promise to respect the confidentiality of any personal data you share
with us, or to which we have access
to through RGBI, to keep it safe,
and to take every reasonable effort to protect your privacy. [For the purpose of this privacy notice, Rotary
International (RI) includes Rotary International in Great Britain & Ireland
(RGBI), Rotary Foundation United Kingdom (RFUK) and the RIBI Donations Trust].
This Privacy Notice complies with and interfaces with all other RGBI Privacy Notices which are referenced below
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, “Non-Members” includes those persons who are associated with the FRC as shown - but not limited to - those listed below:
· Partners and spouses of Rotary Members
· Persons under the age of 18, Interactors and Rotakids
· Volunteers who assist FRC
· Competitors and participants in FRC events and projects
· Students or volunteers, RYLA participants etc sponsored by FRC, RGBI or RI.
· Contractors or suppliers of services and goods
FRC members, when collecting personal data of Non-Members for their individual club and district activities, are independent data controllers. This means that they are also legally responsible for protecting your data under GDPR legislation whilst in their safekeeping, in accordance with this Privacy Notice
The Rotary Club of Faringdon & District is committed to:
· Ensuring that all reasonable steps are taken to collect, process, store and use Non-members personal data in accordance with Date Protection Laws, including the Guiding Principles, and the relevant RGBI Privacy Statements.
· Providing all members of the FRC with information and advice to ensure that, where they have a responsibility for the handling of personal data of Non-Members, they do so in accordance with this Privacy Notice,
· Establishing systems and procedures that will ensure FRC members comply with this policy statement.
· Ensuring that when collecting personal data, the documents include, or make reference to, this Privacy Notice and the Club & District Data Privacy statement and the RIBI Data Privacy statement, i.e. whether the statements are included in full on documentation/forms or included in full on the club/district website and referred to on documentation/forms.
Data Related to Non-Members
We will capture only the minimum amount of
information that we need
to in relation to your involvement with us by
donation, services you provide or as participants in our events and projects.
We promise to keep your information secure. The personal data we will usually
· Your name
· Your contact details
· Your date of birth
· Your bank or credit card details (as relevant to the service provided)
· Details of the enquiry, service or product
Where it is appropriate, we may also ask for additional information related to the specific event or project. The data will be recorded, maintained and stored by the nominated leader of the event or project. The data will be reviewed as necessary by the Data Protection Officer of the FRC. The outcome of the review will be recorded and retained by the Club Secretary.
We will not retain your information when it has no further use. For repeat events, we may use recorded data to inform you of the next event. For Non-members who are associated with Rotarians, we will remind you, annually, of the data we retain and request you to confirm your willingness to have the data retained.
We do not collect any personal information of non-members classified as ‘sensitive’ under GDPR. (Examples are “religion”, “ethnicity” and ”political preferences”)
How we will use your data
We will use your personal data for the legitimate interest of conducting core business activities. These will include:
· Administering your participation or donation, including processing Gift Aid
· Providing you with the services, products or information for which you asked
· Providing services, products, guidance or information to clubs and districts for their general activities, including Disclosure and Barring Service checks
· Communicating organisational messages and information to members, district and club officers
· Facilitating conference, training seminars, meetings and other special event planning
· Supporting ‘The Rotarian’ and ‘Rotary’ magazines
· Supporting The Rotary Foundation (TRF) and the Rotary Foundation United Kingdom
· Providing information and updates to district and club officers on RI and RIBI programmes and service projects
· Preparing Rotary directories
· Presenting our website and its contents to you and to allow you to participate in interactive features on our website
· For Contracts for services rendered to FRC
· Keeping a record of your relationship with us
· Understanding how we can improve our services, products or information
· In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
· For any other purposes with your consent
The RGBI District Youth Exchange Association operates as a separate entity to RIBI and RI and is responsible for the organisation of Rotary youth exchange programmes. You can view their privacy notice by visiting their website: https://www.youthexchange.org.uk/
Our service providers
In the course of our legitimate business activities, there may be a need for us to share, or give access to, your personal data to third parties who provide us with services or host our applications/software that you may access, for instance:
· HMRC – for Gift Aid
· Rotary International
We will ensure that data processing agreements, compliant to GDPR, are in place before sharing with, or giving access to, your data with any of our service/host providers.
Sharing within the Rotary organisation
The Rotary organisation is made up of Rotary International (RI) , The Rotary Foundation (TRF), Rotary International in Great Britain (RGBI) and Ireland, the Rotary Foundation United Kingdom (RFUK) and the RIBI Donations Trust.
When you give information to us it may be shared within the wider organisation to facilitate your involvement or participation and to provide the service afforded to you as part of that relevant stats. We will ensure that data processing agreements, compliant to GDPR, are in place before sharing your data within the wider organisation.
Sharing with third parties
We will never commercially sell your personal data to anyone else.
only ever share your personal data
in other circumstances, not listed above, only if we have your explicit and informed consent
at the time of collection. However, we may need to disclose your details if
required to the police, other agencies, for example HMRC, regulatory bodies or
our legal advisors.
How we keep your information safe and who has access to it
We ensure that there are appropriate physical and technical controls in place to protect your personal details.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your personal information is only accessible by appropriate staff, Rotary members and our service/host providers.
Where we store your information
Your personal information will be hosted securely within the UK by the FRC.
However, Rotary International runs its operations outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Although they may not be subject to the same data protection laws as organisations based in the UK, we will take steps to make sure they provide an adequate level of protection in accordance with UK data protection law. By submitting your personal information to us you understand your personal data may be transferred, stored and processed at a location outside the EEA.
You can view Rotary International’s privacy notice by visiting their website: https://my.rotary.org/en/privacy-policy
RI and RGBI Data Privacy Statements
For RGBI Privacy Statement, see RIBI website: http://www.rotarygbi.org/privacy-policy/
For RI Privacy Statement, see RI website: https://www.rotary.org/en/privacy-policy
For Rotary Club of Faringdon & District Members Privacy Notice see: http://www.rotary-ribi.org/clubs/homepage.php?ClubID=535
This Privacy Notice, and all related documents, will be reviewed by FRC at the end of each Rotary year following which appropriate advice and updated documents, if so required, will be prepared for use. This Privacy Notice, and any documents based upon it, will be re-validated annually by signing the RGBI Combined Compliance Statement.
How long we retain your information and how we keep it up to date
We will keep your information only for as long as we need it to assist you with your involvement with FRC. There are statutory timescales on how long we should keep your information. For example: gift aid transactions must be retained indefinitely; financial records must be kept for 7 years and information associated with Health & Safety for three years after an event. We shall delete your information according to these statutory limits, or according to guidance issued by the Information Commissioner.
If you are unhappy with how we have processed your personal information, please contact the Hon Secretary of Rotary Club of Faringdon & District.
Our contact details
Hon Secretary Rotary Club of Faringdon & District.
Rotary Club of Faringdon & District, within Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland
This document was last reviewed and updated June 2018 by Rotary Club of Faringdon & District
Like most websites, we use “cookies” to help us make our site, and the way you use it, better. We do not store any personal data in the cookies that we use.
Cookies mean that a website will remember you. They’re small text files that sites transfer to your computer (or phone or tablet). They make interacting with a website faster and easier – for example by automatically filling your name and address in text fields.
In addition, the type of device you’re using to access our website or apps and the settings on that device may provide us with information about your device, including what type of device it is, what specific device you have, what operating system you’re using, what your device settings are. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have more details about what information your device makes available to us.
The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on why you are providing it. You should be able to control what cookies are placed on your device through your browser settings. Go to www.aboutcookies.org to find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our websites by generating statistical and other information.
Details captured during your visit to our websites will include, but are not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources you access. However, all data collected is anonymous and will not identify you as an individual.
Google, not the Association, stores this activity information. You can view Google’s privacy notice here.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit their website here.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the original template pages for this site are W3C compatible.
However, as the content of pages is supplied by the club, such content may not be compatible.