Rotary membership is made up of a variety of people from a plethora of backgrounds. Be they professionals, from the world of business, self employed or community leaders.
There are a lot of myths about Rotary all of which could not be further from the truth.
You might be wondering what you get out of Rotary other than the warm fuzzy feeling. The opportunities and benefits are amazing:
- Immediate access to a potential network of up to 1.2 million other Rotarians across the Globe.
- Immediate access to 99 Rotary clubs across the Yorkshire & Lincolnshire area
- Access to yearly conferences at local, national and international levels
- Access to the local Chamber of Commerce.
- Learning and development via many online courses.
- Practical skills training including leadership and teamwork development, along with how to lead & run a meeting & being able to become process driven
- Access to grants for projects
- Leverage in discussing topics with community leaders – we have the ear of a number of people
- Many social activities
- Personal support
- Knowledge that you have actually changed society for the better and are leaving a lasting legacy for the next generation, whether that is through teaching the Rotakids groups about personal responsibility and growth through to combating disease or ensuring that climate change is pushed back. In doing these, you have the backing of a global organisation
- There are also global rewards package