Youth Speaks Competition
Rotary Youth Speaks Competition
Youth Speaks - Competition
Rotary Youth Speaks
The Youth Speaks competition is designed to encourage excellent speaking and presentation skills in young people.
It aims to offer:
- experience in speaking on a public platform as a member of a team
- an incentive to formulate ideas on topical subjects
- discipline in dealing with a topic in a limited time
- the opportunity of learning and practising high standards of expression, presentation and appearance
- impartial feedback and assessment of performance by experienced adjudicators
Who can take part?
- all schools
- home educated
- Scout Groups/Girl Guides / Youth Café participants
There are two discrete levels in this competition:
· Intermediate 11 to 13 years
· Senior 14 to 17 years
i.e. intermediate participants need to be 13 or under on 31 August and similarly, seniors, 17 on 31 August2017.
This is a four-stage competition beginning with clubs and aiming towards the national final which is being hosted by D1175, Cornwall in 2018.