Rotary Youth Leadership Award
The Aim of RYLATo encourage the development of teamwork and leadership skills in young people who have the potential to be future community professionals and business leaders.
How is this done?By making use of a residential experience and outward bound activities to:
- create various environments for them to operate in
- build team spirit to enable them to work effectively
- encourage the recognition and use of skills in others
- discover things about themselves
- build confidence in themselves and others
- encourage and support each other
- discuss and establish characterisitics of effective leaders
- provide leadership opportunities in practical situations
- provide opportunities to get involved in service to others
by making the whole experience thoroughly enjoyable
Two RYLA weeks take place each year in July - one for boys and one for girls. They are held at the Abernethy Trust's Outdoor and Adventure Centre at Ardeonaig, situated midway between Killin and Kenmor, overlooking Loch Tay and the surrounding hills.
The location, the facilities and the staff combine to ensure the ideal mix for an enjoyable and memorable experience from which those participating will derive great benefit.