THE 19th AUTUMN CHARITY GOLF EVENT
DUMBARNIE LINKS ON MONDAY 25th OCTOBER 2021
Our annual charity golf event, which this year will be on the new Dumbarnie Links.
• Extremely attractive new course designed by Clive Clark
• Opened last year to great acclaim
• ‘Scotland’s new superstar’ (Golf Monthly)
• ‘Could easily host an event such as Dunhill Links or Scottish Open’ (Stephen Gallacher)
• Superb modern clubhouse overlooking Firth of Forth
• See below for further details
The COMPETITION will consist of:
• An individual Stableford competition.
• Handicap (WHS) will be restricted to 28 for men and 36 for ladies
• There will be competitions for “BEAT THE PRO”, longest drive, nearest the hole, most accurate drive etc
The INDIVIDUAL STABLEFORD:
• Individual winner will receive the Kilrymont Vase plus a prize.
• Other prizes will be awarded to those finishing 2nd and 3rd.
The GRAND MATCH will be played along the following lines:
• Each Team will be represented by Pairs of golfers.
• Each Pair will be challenged by a Pair from one of the other Teams.
• The best two Stableford scores at each hole count toward each team’s total score.
• The winning Pair will gain TWO points for their Team.
• In the event of a halved match, each Pair will gain ONE point for their Team.
• Team gaining most number of points will win the Chesterhills Claret Jug.
With so many excellent courses in Fife, we felt it may be a suitable time, after some twenty years at Kingsbarns, to give you the chance this year to experience a new, but already highly acclaimed course at Dumbarnie Links, only about 10 miles from St Andrews. The course overlooks Largo Bay on the north shore of the Firth of Forth, with breath-taking, panoramic sea views across the Forth Estuary to the great links of Muirfield and North Berwick. The clubhouse, set almost 100-feet above sea level, makes the most of the commanding and sweeping views across the golf course and the bay.
Designed by Clive Clark, Dumbarnie Links must rank as one of the most scenic and enjoyable tests of golf in Fife, already rated 24th by Golf Monthly in the top 100 courses in the country, but fully expected to rise in the rankings.
Here’s what Stephen Gallacher wrote about the course:
‘I was lucky to get the chance to play Dumbarnie Links last week for the first time and boy, what a track it is.
The Clive Clark design reminds me of Trump International Links in Aberdeenshire, Castle Stuart in Inverness and Kingsbarns.
It has been built with tourism and future tournaments in mind and it was not hard to see why.
There is so much land on the estate that it could easily host an event such as the Dunhill Links or the Scottish Open in the future. There are huge amphitheatres, six tees on every hole, which mean the course can be tweaked depending on the elements, and it is playable to every handicap.
I expect it will become a popular destination for golfing tourists and with play and pay deals on offer locally, I’m sure interest will be high in and around Fife in playing there too.
Castle Stuart, Royal Dornoch, Royal Aberdeen and North Berwick are gems in Scotland, which everyone should plan on trying, and we can now add Dumbarnie Links to the list.’ (Press & Journal, June 11, 2020)
For details on this Charity Golf Event please contact email@example.com.