Supporting local charities
Above: Water Station at the Helmsley 10k run
TAKE ACTION and give something back to your local community
Helmsley & District Rotary Club is looking for men and women who can volunteer help to achieve targets of helping deserving causes in the local communities of Helmsley, Kirkbymoorside and surrounding villages and projects internationally. Ask for a leaflet about Rotary International. Telephone 07718 532009 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
See if you can answer the questions below:
Helmsley & District Rotary Club Quiz No.6
1. In which Yorkshire city is the Hepworth Gallery to be found?
2 Which game is named after a walled city in the South of France?
3. How is model Lesley Hornby better known?
4. In Alice’s Adventure in Wonderland what is the price tag in the Mad Hatter’s hat?
5. What were the two most produced German World War II tanks named after an animal? One point for each correct answer.?
6. Which popular fruit; with variety names such as Bing, Lambert, Royal Ann and Empress; was apparently first introduced into England by Henry VIII?
7. Cyan, as in cyanide, is the Greek root for which colour?
8. What tasty name did Captain Cook give the Hawaiian Islands in 1778?
9. Rich Uncle Pennybags', a round old man in a top hat, serves as the mascot for what?
10. Which city was the host of the 2010 Winter Olympics?
11. The largest known spider in the world is named after which biblical character?
12. Which are the only two South American countries that do not border Brazil?
13. In which European city can you find the home of Anne Frank?
14. Who invented Ferrari?
15. What is the official name of Burma?
Meetings and events happening soon
Monday 23rd October 18.30
Monday 30th October 18.30 -
Monday 6th November 18.30
Join us if you wish. No prizes, it's just for fun.
Ring 07718532009 for details.
Monday 13th November 18.30
Planning future events and reports
Monday 20th November 18.30
Kirkbymoorside Historical Tour
Outside visit - Ring for details 07718 532009
KMS Buildings Tour with Steve Peet, Kirkbymoorside Historical Group. (supper at Kings Head afterwards)
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.
Meetings & Venue
Where and when:
(Third Monday in the month is an outside visit. Please ring for details 07718532009)
7 High Marketplace