Supporting local charities
Above: Water Station at the Helmsley 10k run
TAKE ACTION and give something back to your local community
Helmsley & District Rotary Club is looking for men and women who can volunteer help to achieve targets of helping deserving causes in the local communities of Helmsley, Kirkbymoorside and surrounding villages and projects internationally. Ask for a leaflet about Rotary International. Telephone 07718 532009 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This month's quiz winner was Laura with 12 correct answers. How many can you get?
Helmsley & District Rotary Club Quiz No.10
1. The Pearl Fishers is an opera by which composer?
2. Lady Bird was the nickname of which US President?
3. Name given to a 4x4 used for taking kids to school?
4. What is the maximum possible in ten-pin bowling?
5. Poet Philip Larkin was the librarian at which University?
6. Who sang the title song in Dad’s Army?
7. Castle in Kent with a Yorkshire name ?
8. In his adventures who had a friend called Captain Haddock?
9. Who wrote the Books All Creatures Great & Small ?
10. Who designed the Morris Minor?
11. Which fictional airman had friends Algy and Ginger ?
12. Which capital city is served by the Chopin Airport?
13. Apart from London and Westminster which other city
Does the River Thames flow?
14. How many spaces between Go and Jail in Monopoly?
15. In computing what does VDU stand for?
ANSWERS click link below
Meetings and events happening soon
Monday 26th March 18.30
Newspapers ‘The Local Rag’ – David Ward
Sunday 1st April 09.00
Helmsley 10k Race
Rotary members operating water station
Monday 2nd April 18.30
Easter Bank Holiday – No meeting
Monday 9th April 18.30
Planning for the future
Monday 16th April 18.30
To be arranged
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.
Rotary supporting young people
Rotary on the brink of polio history
Meetings & Venue
Where and when:
(Third Monday in the month is an outside visit. Please ring for details 07718532009)
7 High Marketplace