Supporting local charities
Above: Water Station at the Helmsley 10k run
TAKE ACTION and give something back to your local community
Helmsley & District Rotary Club is looking for men and women who can volunteer help to achieve targets of helping deserving causes in the local communities of Helmsley, Kirkbymoorside and surrounding villages and projects internationally. Ask for a leaflet about Rotary International. Telephone 07718 532009 or email email@example.com
This month's quiz winner was Laura with 12 correct answers. How many can you get?
Helmsley & District Rotary Club Quiz No.10
1. The Pearl Fishers is an opera by which composer?
2. Lady Bird was the nickname of which US President?
3. Name given to a 4x4 used for taking kids to school?
4. What is the maximum possible in ten-pin bowling?
5. Poet Philip Larkin was the librarian at which University?
6. Who sang the title song in Dad’s Army?
7. Castle in Kent with a Yorkshire name ?
8. In his adventures who had a friend called Captain Haddock?
9. Who wrote the Books All Creatures Great & Small ?
10. Who designed the Morris Minor?
11. Which fictional airman had friends Algy and Ginger ?
12. Which capital city is served by the Chopin Airport?
13. Apart from London and Westminster which other city
Does the River Thames flow?
14. How many spaces between Go and Jail in Monopoly?
15. In computing what does VDU stand for?
ANSWERS click link below
Meetings and events happening soon
Monday 23rd April 18.30
General knowledge quiz of just 15 questions. Just for fun. No prizes. If you would like to take part, it's free, please contact us 07718 532009
Saturday 28th April 09.30
Officer training for Rotary year 2018/19
Monday 30th April 18.30
District Assembly reports
Sunday 6th May 13.00
Kirkbymoorside 10k race
Water Station at Kirkbymoorside 10k race
Monday 7th May 18.30
Early Bank Holiday
Bank Holiday No meeting
Monday 14th May 18.30
Planning for the future
Saturday 19th May 09.00
District Council Meeting
Clubs from the Yorkshire/North Lincs district meet for future planning
Monday 21st May 11.00
Outside visit - Lastingham Church
Tour of church followed by lunch at the Blacksmith's
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.
Family Rotary club use skills to kick-start local charities
Rotary members unite to tackle world hunger
Meetings & Venue
Where and when:
(Third Monday in the month is an outside visit. Please ring for details 07718532009)
7 High Marketplace