Rotary Club of Lymm - welcome! Please scroll/swipe down through this page to find out more about us, in addition to the pages linked in the menu, top-left.
Lymm Rotary 80th Charter Dinner
The 80th Charter for Lymm Rotary Club. Entertainment from the Greater Manchester Police Big Band. Statham Lodge, Lymm, 7pm for 7:30 Price Â£22 per headdetails
Club Assembly, Swansong and Handover to New President
A great evening was held with the handover and presentation by Ric Condo of his mantra "Make a Difference in Lymm" for his term in office.details
Lymm Rotary Club is a small friendly club which was established in 1936, and for over 80 years we have delivered services, support and funding to local people and organisations.
By browsing through our pages we hope that you will discover that Rotary is a practical, effective and enjoyable way of addressing the critical issues of today. We always welcome new members, either as full members or Friends of Rotary, to help us continue to support not only our own community, but communities wherever they may be who need support.
Making Friends locally and world-wide is the principal purpose of Rotary
In our Local Community
Our local community is really important to us. Joining with other organisations, working together, supporting each other in so many ways, Local Charities, Hospices, Schools, Youth & Chiildren's groups receive our support. Last year over Â£6500 was distributed locally. We also ....
- Hold an annual party for 140+ senior citizens
- Help to organize & fund our annual Lymm village Dickensian day
- Sponsor the Lymm High School Young Musicians competition
- Hold an annual Youth Speaks competition
- Provide an annual Â£500 charitable award for outstanding voluntary work
- Tour Lymm with our Father Christmas float prior to Xmas, to reach as many residents as possible
- Planting 5,000 purple crocus bulbs at Spud Wood in support of the eradication of Polio
In recent years, through concerts, collections, events etc.
Â£1,000 to Cancer Research
Â£1,000 to N.W. Air Ambulance
Â£1,000 for Hearing Dogs for the deaf
Â£1,000 to Flood Relief
Â£1,000 to the Heart Foundation
Â£500 to Children with Leukemia
Â£10,000 to The Christie
Â£500 to aid Polio Eradication
Â£1,500 to BBC's @Children in Need
Joining with others on a Global scale
As a worldwide organisation Rotary offers unique opportunities to join with other clubs, both in our immediate area and further afield to make a real and sustainable difference to communities on an international scale, every penny goes to work without disappearing in admin costs. Rotary has been the major force behind the almost complete eradication of polio. Additionally we have....
- We have built a Library & Community Reading Centre for a school, in one of the poorest areas in South Africa, which previously had no books
- We are currently funding the provision of books and library training for 2 schools in the black township of Mdaantsane in South Africa.
- We have provided support for Chernobyl children
Responding to Disasters
Rotary box schemes such as Shelterbox ensure that help reaches those in need in the fastest possible time, especially through working with Rotarians and partners at the scene. Countless lives have been saved since 2000, when the scheme started
|Eradicating Polio||Shelter Box|
To find out more about
watch these videos
Meetings and events happening soon
Wednesday 22nd November 19.30
Dinner - Rotary visit to Kenya, Julie Hoskinson
Thursday 30th November 19.30
District Foundation Dinner
Wednesday 6th December 19.30
Lymm Rotary Club Business Meeting
Wednesday 13th December 19.30
Rotary Christmas Party
Wednesday 20th December 19.30
No Meeting - Xmas
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.