Welcome to the website of the Rotary Club of Nantwich
Join Rotary and make a world of difference to your own community, to the lives of those less fortunate around the world, to your fellow club members - like-minded men and women of all ages - and, just as important, to yourself! The projects Rotarians get involved in are incredibly fulfilling, worthwhile and rewarding - and there's plenty of fun involved.
Nantwich Rotary serving the Community
The beneficiaries from the Christmas Float money for 2012.
Nantwich Museum £400
Nantwich Food Bank £400
Guy Harvey £650
Girl Guides 4th Nantwich £200
Home Start £500
Santa’s Grotto at the Nantwich Bookshop collected a total of £963.29.
Thanks are due to Steve Lawson at the Bookshop for providing the venue and also the gifts for the children. In addition this year, the model railway society from Nantwich Methodist Church setup a track outside the shop and giving free rides to the children each Saturday the Grotto was open and we thank their members for the enthusiastic way they operated in all kinds of weather.
The Rotary Club of Nantwich was chartered on 1934 and currently (February 2013) has 45 members plus 1 honorary member.
It is one of three clubs in the old Borough of Crewe and Nantwich. The others are RC Crewe (1932), and RC Crewe and Nantwich Weaver (1985) .
The club is one of 42 in Rotary International District 1050 which covers South Manchester and Cheshire and includes enclaves within Derbyshire and Staffordshire. The 'Nantwich' club is a 'lunch time' Club meeting on a Tuesday and with the 'Weaver Club' covers the southern extremity of the district, bordering North Shropshire.
Visiting Rotarians are most welcome as are ladies and gentlemen wishing to know more about the Rotary organisation or become members.
What We Do
* Meet for lunch every week and enjoy the Fellowship
* Arrange fund raising events .
* Collect about £10,000 each year for charities & good causes
* Encourage International understanding, by twinning & sponsoring exchanges
* Support Local Schools by running annual 'mock interviews'
* Invite speakers to attend our meetings to help spread understanding of their interests & projects
* Organise trips out to theatres, concerts, restaurants, foreign countries
* Recognise vocational service and support of the community
Contact:-Secretary Christine Crowe Mob 07985 731426 Bus. 01270 611337