Rotary Club of March
- Club Service
- Community Service
- International Service
- Vocational Service
- Waste Paper Collections
- Halle Rotary Club Twinning.
- Press Reports
- Visit to Rod Herbert’s Factory.
- Christian Greco. Talk on visit to Turkey
- Petty Officer Scott Barnes
- President's Evening 2013
- Fenland Music Centre Concert
- 7:30pm Dinner - International Night. Patricia Parker, Founder of 'Kids for Kids' Ladies & guests invited
- Christmas Party 2012
- Townies Horse Drawn Carriages
- Rotary Christmas Tree
- District Quiz 2nd Round.
- 7:30pm Dinner - Jeff Tucker - China, investments in the UK
- Race Night- Sausage and Mash Supper
- Table Top Sale & Quiz. 17th November 2012
- Remembrance Day Parade 11 November 2012
- 2 Minute Talks
- Annual Quiz
- Visit to Wisbech Museum
- Local Generation Bio Energy
- Dedication of the Stone Cross Plaque.
- Foundation Evening
- Dunnottar School, Castries, St Lucia
- Visit by District Governor 1080, Trevor Sayer
- The Rosmini Centre. Wisbech
- The Battle against Polio is almost won.
- Fox Narrowboats
- The President's End of Year Lunch Party
- President Handover
- Rotary Charity Dinner
- Kids Out 2012
- Woodland Trust
- Rotary Caravan Rally 2012
- March Rotary Club Visit Bletchley Park.
- The Old Stone Cross. The Causeway. March.
- St George’s Festival.
- Delfland Nurseries Visit 13th May 2012
- March Rotary Meeting 18th June 2012
- A 1st. for March Rotary Club and The Mayor.
- Ladies Night
- Charity Music Quiz
- Fenland Music Concert
- Derek Harman Co-Managing Director. Palm Paper
- Rotary Young Chef District Final 2012
- District Quiz Intermediate Round
- International Night 27th February 2012
- Games Night with Whittlesea Rotary Club.
- Whitemoor National Rail Recycling Centre
- Newspaper Collection Sat 11 February.2012
- Rotary Charity Race Night.
- Cuckoo Migration to Africa.
- Burns Supper
- Rotary District Quiz - March Rotary Club Triumph
- The March Rotary Year 2011.
- Peter Carter. Eel Catcher.
- March Rotary Young Chef. 2011
- Iain Smith. The Middle Level Commission and its work
- Christmas Lights Switch-on.
- John Miller. Ensign, United States Navy.
- The Art of the Gypsy Caravan
- Remembrance Day Parade. Sunday 13th November 2011
- Rotary Young Chef.
- Gardeners Question Time
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards ( RYLA)
- South Illinois Rotarians Visit March
- Safe Local Trades.
- The Queen of the Salt Marches
- Zoe Clarke, and The Young Chef Competition.
- Avril Hayter Smith. Ely Town Crier
- Group Study Exchange Report..
- Our guest from Halle
- St Mary’s Church Update.
- Speaker - Alan Maskell - Blue Cross animal Shelter
- Kerry-Ann Milic. International Commission on Missing Persons
- President's Day
- The Shelter Box, it "Does what it says on the lid".
- March Rotary Visits Berlin
- Amanda Carlin - Businesswoman of the year
- New President
- What a load of bowls!
- Visit to Sandringham Stud 16th May 2011
- Kids Out
- Visit of DG Rodney Howell
- Presentation of Cheque to Fenland Music
- Blind Bowls
- 1st Rotary Caravan Rally
- Cheetah Conservation in Zimbabwe.
- Cambridge Library Services.
- Fenland Music Concert 2nd April 2011.
- Our new Banner
- March Win East Anglia Quiz Final
- Medical Advances in Laser Treatment.
- President's Night 2011
- The Musical Quiz.
- Rotary Visit to Uppingham. - Scatter Week
- International Evening
- Travelling in the Fens
- Colin Arnold, March ATC
- 2nd Round Rotary Young Chef
- Visit to Berlin with Halle Rotary Club
- District Quiz March v. Wisbech
- Burns Night Celebrations
- Charity Race Night
- Rotary Young chef of the Year 2011
- 10 Days in Cambodia
- Chris Ley – Namibia journey.
- March Rotary Triumph
- Ambassadorial Scholar - Rachel Reetzke.
- Round The World Sailor. Patrick Druce.
- Musical Culture in the Fenlands 1450 -1650
- Cambridge Search and Rescue
- Three Centuries of Transport Legislation.
- The Society Marches On.
- 80 years service in March Rotary Club
- The Bard of the Fens
- Knows His Onions
- Whitemoor On Track
- Talk by Rtn. Norman Davis
- International Evening
- March Rotary Club's first Young Chef of the Year
- Burns Night.
- Lynn and Paul – “A School in Africa”
- Haitian Earthquake
- District Governor John Samuels - Eradicate Polio.
- Ronald McDonald - Cross Channel Swimmer
- Talk by a Thames Lighterman
- Visit to the Boathouse at Wisbech
- Red Cross 10th August 2009
- Visit to Indian Rotary Clubs by March Rotarians
- Fountain Newsletter Archive
Home | Press Reports | Round The World Sailor. Patrick Druce.
Patrick Druce , right, is welcomed by Senior Vice President, John Orbell.
To Cruise around the World must be the ambition of many, to make the same
journey in a 48 foot Ketch, the perogative of few. This became a reality
in 1981 for Rotarian Patrick Druce, the Guest Speaker on the 8th November.
Accompanied by his Wife Sheila and 3 teenage children, this former Master
Baker, Caterer, and Hotel Proprietor left Brighton Marina in the April, for
what was to be a 4 year circumnavigation, in a their sail boat, 'Gloamin '
A Westerly route took them via the Canaries, New York, the Panama Canal and
onward to New Zealand, Australia, Indian Ocean, Suez Canal into the
Mediterranean, then picking up Inland Waterways across Europe, and finally
the North Sea to Brighton.
Patrick, who is Vice President of Chatteris Rotary Club, explained, the
journey was planned to visit relatives and friends scattered around the
world and take in as many 'Once in a Life Time' stops as possible. Hence the
extended time period and somewhat devious route.
There were occasional, and to be expected minor problems with equipment,
fortunately no 'life threatening ' incidents.
Illustrated with a selection of photos, his talk was very well received by
the packed audience.