Serving our community

Penzance Rotary Club serves the local community by organising a wide range of activities including: the annual Town Fireworks, a 'Know Your Blood Pressure' day, Sponsored Walk, fortnighly Memory Cafes and recently Vintage & Classic Cars on the Promenade.

Here, Past President Prue Willday is seen with members of St Ives Explorer Scouts who provided refreshments for participants on our annual community Sponsored Walk.

Penzance Shoppers line up for Health Checks.

The Rotary Club of Penzance holds a highly successful Know Your Blood Pressure day each spring, providing shoppers in Penzance town centre with free blood pressure checks.

The event staged in support of the Stroke Association takes place outside Penzance Market House (Lloyds Bank) and provides free advice to those found to be at risk of a stroke which can be brought by high blood pressure. 


Rotarians clean up in St. Buryan and St.Levan

Rotarians at St. Levan and at St. Buryan as part of Rotary's Spring Clean


Some of our many other Activities and Events

For the latest news on any of the following click here to see Club Events

The club actively supports the community in a number of ways . . .

The Rotary Ramble - A charity walk that is open to walkers walking on behalf of any good causes. Walkers donate 75% of the funds that they raise to the cause of their choice, and the other 25% is distributed to causes chosen by the Rotary Club of Penzance.


Annual Fireworks Display


Since 1974 the Penzance annual Guy Fawkes Fireworks Display has been organised by The Rotary Club of Penzance, the event is now held at Penzance AFC ground.

Details of time and day will be advertised nearer to November.


Rotary Stroke and Health Awareness Day     

Providing free Blood Pressure tests in Penzance town centre to raise awareness of the health risks posed by high or low blood pressure.







Memory Cafe - Providing volunteers to support dementia sufferers and their carers with twice monthly activities including games and reminiscence sessions.

Penzance Memory Café

Hope Church, Alverton Road, Penzance, TR18 4QB

Every 2nd and 4th Thursday, 2.00–4.00 pm

Contact:

Margaret on 07974 728435 

or 

Chris on 07851 111496


Cream Teas for the Elderly

Providing transport - Next date to be advised.


West Cornwall Hospital League of Friends Fete

Helping to raise funds for the West Cornwall Hospital League of Friends.


Royal British Legion Poppy Day Appeal

Supported by donation.


Rotary Sponsorhip

The club has provided sponsorship for able bodied and disabled youngsters including on two occasions when young - Helen Glover.

(ALL fields required)

(ALL fields required)

Your email address will not be displayed, once the comment has been approved.

To reduce spam, http:// and www. are not allowed.