Rotary Club of Oswestry
Home | Membership
The Role of the Membership Committee
|John Davies||Stuart Phillips, Stephen Thomas, David Foden, David Gordon, Mike Jones and Jayne Middleton|
The Membership Committee contributes to the life of the Club in three main areas: membership recruitment, membership retention, and raising the Club profile. Progress has been made in recent years in each of these:
1. Membership Recruitment
Club membership has been increasing steadily. 11 new full members have joined the club in the last four years, bringing our current membership up to 37. In addition, we have welcomed two new honorary members. Our aim is to continue building up our membership, with the active participation of all existing Club members.
2. Membership Retention
Members are likely to stay in a club if it helps them to contribute effectively and if they enjoy club activities. The Membership Committee has made a point of encouraging newer members to put forward ideas for developing club life. Arrangements we are currently developing include visits to other clubs and hosting a social evening with neighbouring clubs in Shropshire.
3. Raising the Club Profile
Last year, the Membership Committee, in conjunction with our daughter club Oswestry Borderland, held two new members receptions locally. This made the public more aware of what Rotary does and the help it can provide, and provided many people with an opportunity to talk about Rotary life in an enjoyable setting.
We are now planning to build up contact with "Friends of Rotary" - those not currently in a position to become Rotarians, but interested in helping our fundraising. We want to strengthen our links with several groups of people, including:
- younger people who don't at present have enough time or money to commit themselves to Rotary membership, but who could be keen to support the Club;
- business people, again unable at present to commit to Rotary membership, but who can help us in raising money and in other ways.
- ROTAVENTURE! Offas Dyke Walk Parts 5, 6 and 7
- ROTAVENTURE CHILL FACTOR, MANCHESTER. Tuesday 7th December 2010, 6.00pm
- ROTAVENTURE REDNAL GO KARTING. Thurday 23rd September 2010. 6pm
- Lunchtime Meeting - 12.45pm - Speaker from SADs
- Lunchtime Meeting - 12.45pm - Business Meeting
- Membership Video Downloads from District 1180 Assembly 2012
- ROTAVENTURE! - Airkix Manchester Indoor Skydiving - Wednesday 9th November
- Introduction to Rotary Meal, Smithfield Hotel, Oswestry, Thursday 23rd June, 6.00pm - 7.15pm
- ROTAVENTURE! Go Karting at Rednal - Thursday 9th June
- ROTAVENTURE! Snowdon Walk - Saturday 21st May
- ROTAVENTURE! - Airkix Manchester Indoor Skydiving - Date to be Rearranged
- Carol Service, Holy Trinity Church, Oswestry, 6.30pm
- Introduction to Rotary Lunch, Smithfield Hotel, Oswestry, 12.30pm, Thursday 4th November 2010
- RIBI Conference, Bournemouth, 16th - 18th April 2010
- Christmas Lunchtime Meeting - 12.15pm for 12.30pm - Speaker - Graham Moss - Next Meeting 4/1/10
- Shropshire Night Hosted by The Rotary Club of Oswestry @ The Walls
- Rotarian Scales Mount Kilimanjaro and Develops Rotaventure!
All fields are required.