Helping young people to develop their skills and talents.
Our club programme for helping young people to develop their skills and talents is often organised in conjunction with District or R.I.B.I. activities. These activities are aimed at giving young people in local schools and youth organisations better access to a wide range of youth activities including leadership skills, sports, music,literature, and hobbies events.
we are now embarking on a new Rotary year and feel confident that more schools will take part in more of the projects that are available and those are listed below;
- RotaKids Primary school Citizenship programme
- Interact Secondary school Citizenship programme
- Rotaract Young adults making a difference in their local community
- Young artist
- Young chef
- Young musician
- Young photographer
- Young writer
- Young designer
- Technology tournament
- Youth speaks Intermediate and senior need a team of three, Chairperson, Speaker and a Vote of Thanks
- Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA) for 18-26 year olds-residential 8 day course.
For the Rotary year 2017/18 the committee chairman is: Jane Forsyth.