10 reasons for joining Rotary
Ten reasons for joining Rotary
10 reasons to join your local Rotary club
l. Professional Networking; A founding principle of Rotary was to provide a forum for professional and business leaders. Members are leaders in business, industry, the professions, the arts, government, sports, the military and religion. They make decisions and influence policy. Rotary is the oldest, the most prestigious service club organisation in the world.
2. The Opportunity to Serve; Rotarians provide service at both the community and international levels. Service projects address health care needs, hunger and poverty, illiteracy, disaster relief and environmental cleanups, to name a few. Members experience the fulfilment that comes from giving back to the community.
3. Personal Growth and Development: Membership in Rotary ensures continuing personal and professional development. Leadership, public speaking and communication, organisation and planning, team building, fundraising and teaching are just a sample of the skills that can be acquired or practised through Rotary.
4. Friendship: Fellowship was a primary reason was started in 1905 and it remains a major attraction. Today with more than 30,000 Rotary clubs in over 160 countries, Rotarians have friends wherever they go. Rotary helps to build community as well as enduring friendships.
5. Cultural Diversity: Rotary International is an association of local clubs in many countries. Clubs are open to members of every ethnic group, political persuasion, language, religious belief and gender. Rotary clubs contain a cross section of their community, they practice and promote tolerance.
6. Good Citizenship: Membership in Rotary makes one a better citizen. Rotary club programs keep members informed about what is taking place in their community, nation and world. Rotary