Rotary Youth Leadership
Sponsoring local young people on a residential weekend leadership training course
Developing Young Leaders
What is RYLA?
RYLA is a leadership development training programme, run by Rotary Districts and Rotary Clubs, for young people all over the world.
RYLA in Rotary South East is run as a weekend residential course for young people (14-17 years) at the Bowles Outdoor Centre, Sandhills Lane, Rotherfield, Tunbridge Wells TN3 9LW
The Rotary Club of Sittingbourne Invicta played a leading role in developing the programme which started 2001.
The club has provided three past RYLA facilitators and sponsored 37 young people on this programme.
For more information please visit the District RYLA webpages.
Sittingbourne Invicta's Awardees
The club is pleased to have sponsored the following young people on RYLA courses:
- Amy Davis-Briggs, Gemma Dowsett and Emma Blacklock (March 2018)
- Paige Brooker, Abbie Guscott and Summer Odev (Oct 2016)
- Mawunyo Graham & Jack Liddon (Oct 2013)
- Harriet Averns & Ben Streatfield (Apr 2013)
- Robert Goodhew & Haydn Curtis (Oct 2012)
- Abbie Newby & Ashley Simmons (Mar 2012)
- Stephanie Kenyon (Oct 2010)
- Myles Cole & Mike Thorns (Oct 2009)
- Holly Hunter & Ed Panter (Apr 2008)
- Tyler Creasey & Shamrez Darwish (Oct 2007)
- Dylan Smith & Rachel Macey (Mar 2007)
- Katherine Upton & Luke Williams (Mar 2006)
- Jodie Cattell & Dean Moon (Oct 2005)
- Guy Banister & Catherine Sherratt (Oct 2004)
- Elizabeth Sage & Daniel Birch (Mar 2004)
- Sarah Stewart & Jennifer Tolhurst (Oct 2003)
- Ben Cantor (Apr 2003)
- Kate Matson, Greg Phelps, Nicole Ward, Hayley Adams & Sally Cain (Sep 2002)
- Nicky Fuller & Lucy Dicker (Mar 2002)
- Charlotte Jones & Natalie Mitchell (Mar 2001)