Sittingbourne 10K Race
Rotary Club of Sittingbourne Invicta - organisers of an annual 10K Race in Sittingbournethumbnail view
Our 9th Annual 10K Race
Our first 10K Run was in March 2011. Its success in drawing both club and social runners from all over Britain has allowed it to become an annual event.
Our 9th Sittingbourne Invicta 10K Race is on Sunday 19th May 2019.
All runners start from the Westlands School playing fields at 11.00am.
Listed in Runner's World, this race is approved by UK Athletics (No. 2019-36188) and pre-registration is now open.
The route follows rural roads through the delightful undulating Kent countryside. The race starts on the school playing field and then follows country roads along a measured route before returning to the school. There's just one short stretch of off-road running where some caution is required
Each runner completing the race will receive an event medal and a "goody bag". There will also be trophies for male/female winners.
- A minimum age of 16 years on the day of the race applies
- Maximum entry is 500 runners
- An official race number will be assigned to each runner on the day
- Chip timing will be used by each runner
- Food/drinks will be available on the school playing fields on the day
Times to Beat
- Best Male - Ben Tyler of Medway & Maidstone in 33m 21s (May 2014)
- Best Female - Liz Weeks of Sittingbourne Striders in 37 min 17 sec (May 2013)
We will also be holding a Sittingbourne Invicta 2K Race on the same day.
A pre-registration fee of £13 for affiliated runners and £15 for non-affiliated runners of the 10K race must accompany each entry form. Race numbers will be issued on the day so no SAE required.
The on-the-day registration fee will be £15 for affiliated runners and £17 for non-affiliated runners.
To secure a place in the 10K race you can;
- register NOW and pay online through the Runner's World website or
- Use the Sittingbourne Invicta 10K entry form for postal entries
The closing date for all pre-registration entries is Friday 10th May 2019.
You can still enter on the day between 08.30am and 10:30am.
This is a community event and 2018 funds raised were dedicated to Young Lives Foundation and Invicta’s Community Chest fund which awards grants to support work of community groups in and around Sittingbourne.
To date, our 10K races have raised just under £50,000 for various local charities.
Vehicular access and free parking will be via Westlands Avenue, Sittingbourne, ME10 1PF (just off the A2 - see Map).