Sittingbourne Invicta 10K Race
Rotary Club of Sittingbourne Invicta - organisers of an annual 10K Race in Sittingbournethumbnail view
Our 8th Annual 10K Race
Our first 10K Run was in March 2011. Its success in drawing both club and social runners from all over Britain has allowed it to become an annual event.
Our 8th Sittingbourne Invicta 10K Race is on Sunday 13th May 2018.
Listed in Runner's World, this race is approved by UK Athletics (No. 2018-30313).
All runners start from the Westlands School playing fields at 11.00am.
The route follows rural roads through the delightful undulating Kent countryside. The race starts on the school playing field and then follows country roads along a measured route before returning to the school. There's just one short stretch of off-road running where some caution is required
Each runner completing the race will receive an event medal and a "goody bag". There will also be trophies for male/female winners.
- A minimum age of 16 years on the day of the race applies
- Maximum entry is 500 runners
- An official race number will be assigned to each runner on the day
- Chip timing will be used by each runner
- Food/drinks will be available on the school playing fields on the day
Times to Beat
- Best Male - Ben Tyler of Medway & Maidstone in 33m 21s (May 2014)
- Best Female - Liz Weeks of Sittingbourne Striders in 37 min 17 sec (May 2013)
We will also be holding a Sittingbourne Invicta 2K Race on the same day.
A pre-registration fee of £12 for affiliated runners and £14 for non-affiliated runners of the 10K race must accompany each entry form. Race numbers will be issued on the day so no SAE required.
On the day registrations will open at 08.30am and close at 10.30am. The registration fee will be £14 for affiliated runners and £16 for non-affiliated runners.
We are now taking entries for this race. To secure a place in the 10K race you can;
- register and pay online through the Runner's World website or
- Use an entry form for postal entries and send to David Brown, 123 Borden Lane, Sittingbourne, Kent ME10 1BX.
The closing date for all pre-registration entries is Friday 4th May 2018. You can still enter on the day between 08.30am and 10:30am.
This is a community event and funds raised will be dedicated to Young Lives Foundation and Invicta’s Community Chest fund which awards grants to support work of community groups in and around Sittingbourne.
Our first six 10K races to date have raised £40,401 for various charities.
Vehicular access and free parking will be via Westlands Avenue, Sittingbourne, ME10 1PF (just off the A2 - see Map).