An outline of how 'Lend with Care' works
Lend with Care
We are committed to helping other less-fortunate people in poorer countries through this scheme. Lendwithcare brings together entrepreneurs in developing countries with people with the power to help them - people like us. Run by one of the world's leading aid and development organisations, Lendwithcare is a revolutionary way for us to help people in the developing world to transform their lives.
- It starts with an idea - whether it's opening a market stall, or perhaps a small tailoring business, or diversifying the crops they grow, people across the developing world are bursting with business ideas – all they need is a helping hand to get started.
- The entrepreneur requests a loan - entrepreneurs approach a local micro-finance institution (MFI) that is a Lendwithcare partner and, if their ideas show promise, they get the go-ahead for the loan they need to get their business going.
- We lend to an entrepreneur - the MFI uploads the entrepreneur’s profile to Lendwithcare. We can see these and can choose which promising business idea we’d like to support.
- The entrepreneur’s business grows - entrepreneur profiles are updated so we can see how their business is transforming their lives, and ...
- Our loan is repaid - the entrepreneur pays back their loan in installments to the MFI, which transfers these repayments to our Lendwithcare account.