Moonraker Challenge 2017
Sat 14th October 2017 at 16.00 - Sun 15th October 2017 - 04.00
A sponsored night walk starting at Hestercombe Gardens. Enter a team to test your cross country skills over either seven or fourteen miles in the moonlight across the Quantock Hills.
MOONRAKER CHALLENGE 2017
VENUE: HESTERCOMBE GARDENS
DATE: 14th October 2017
• The 31st. Taunton Vale Rotary Moonraker Challenge on 14th October 2017 is again based at Hestercombe Gardens with new routes already planned and in place.
• There is a short course of 7 miles for the standard walker and a longer course of 14 miles for the more athletic
• Moonraker is a sponsored day/night ( moonlit ) walking and orienteering challenge
• Points are awarded for correct answers to questions on the route with points deducted for failing to meet the standard timings on each section
• There are awards for the best teams on each course
• Checkpoints around the Course are fully manned by Rotarians from the Rotary Club of Taunton Vale and Radio Communications are provided by Raynet.
• Central Control, based at Hestercombe Gardens, will be fully manned throughout the event and in constant contact with each checkpoint and with Search and Rescue Teams who are on hand to assist any team lost on the route.
• Entry is by way of Teams of between 4 and 6 members.
Moonraker is a sponsored event and each team member is expected to try to raise at least £25 in sponsorship.
The main Charities this year are the Conquest Centre – providing horse riding for the disabled, Freewheelers – a voluntary group providing out of hours courier service for the NHS, and the Exmoor Search and Rescue Team - providing voluntary assistance to the emergency services in Somerset and Devon.
The event is being supported by the Charity, the Hestercombe Gardens Trust, who are providing the venue and facilities.
The teams raising the most money in sponsorship will enjoy prizes kindly donated by Berrys Coaches and Taunton Leisure.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER – All entrants to the event will get a 20% discount on their first purchase relevant to the event when they sign up to a Taunton Leisure Privilege Card and produce their confirmation of entry.
Full details of the event, togetherwith entry conditions, are published on the website at www.moonraker.org.uk.
Teams can enter on-line or by sending the entry form to me at the address below – Closing date for entries is October 9th. 2017.
Rotary Club of Taunton Vale
Lyddons Mead, Nailsbourne, Taunton, TA2 8AF
Tel: 01823 451532 Email: email@example.com