BBQ 12th August afternoon
Sun 12th August 2018 at 14.00 - 17.00
At home of Vice-President Andrew Rigg
ROTARY BBQ AT THE RIGG'S HOUSE in aid of FOUNDATION - SUNDAY 12th AUGUST - 2.00 pm
Although I have noticed that this event has been referred to as a 'Garden Party' I will nevertheless continue to refer to it as 'The Strategic Planning and Club Development BBQ'.
- The Rigg's House - address and contact details below. Through the gates at the far end of St George's Road and up the drive - not the bungalow, but the house at the top of the drive
- Parking - There is some parking on the drive but plenty on St George's Road and Elvaston Road nearby.
- Time - 2.00 pm onwards
- At present in terms of number c. 45 have confirmed their attendance (refer to Brian Sanderson's list attached). Please let Brian, myself or Roy know if you cancel, or if your name is not on the list and you would like to attend.
- Please bring a couple of garden chairs with you in the car, just in case there is a shortage.
- I will prepare some fish for starter.
- Meats, sweet corn, sauces, rolls and chutneys etc. will all be provided.
- Salads are being furnished by Irene and Elaine Rigg is preparing a big 'Waldorf' salad.
- Disposable plates and bowls, cutlery and serviettes are provided - if you wish to be more civilised please bring your own china.
- Vegetarians - please advise Roy or myself in advance - one BBQ will be reserved for your use. Please bring your own choice of food
- Please also bring some cooking utensils, just in case, although the plan is that the hot food will be prepared for you.
- Sweets are included and are kindly being prepared by Margaret Massey, Juliet Novis, Mary Turner, Irene, Kate Rutherford, Jean Dumbrell and Jane Herdan.
- Please all bring a bottle of wine and some soft drinks to place on the bar table for everyone to share
- George Robinson will be providing a cask of Real Ale for sale at £2.00 pint.
- Additional bottles of wine will be available to purchase - proceeds to Foundation.
- Cold lagers will also be available to purchase.
- Beer and wine glasses will be provided (thanks to Waitrose)
- Please bring a raffle prize and place it on the Raffle table, or ideally let George have same before the 12th.
- Tickets £1.00 per strip
- George Robinson will generate the winners' names, somehow
- The BBQ is a fundraising event for Hexham Rotary Club's 'Foundation' Account.
- There is no fixed cost but you are requested to make a discretionary donation of at least £5.00.
- The donations will benefit from Gift Aid where applicable.
- Rotarians who cannot make the BBQ are also requested to make a discretionary donation to Foundation.
- It goes without saying that the weather may not be as warm or dry as it has been lately! Gazebos etc. will be provided but please bring appropriate rain and footwear.
- Towels and blankets will be provided in the case of emergency.
- TABLES, GAZEBOS AND BBQ's
- One large additional BBQ, one large Gazebo and four garden tables are required if you could please let me know by email asap that you can loan same. I can collect with a trailer if required. Ideally these will be in Hexham. Richard Nelson, Jim Yeomans and Steve Middleton (the latter via Mike Saxon) have kindly offered to loan BBQs and Chris Metcalfe has offered his Gazebo - I will collect all of these if required.
- LAWN GAMES
- These will be available if demand is high
Yours in Rotary,
Andrew Rigg BSc FRGS FRICS
St. Georges Road,