DUE TO THE CORONA VIRUS OUTBREAK, THE CLUB HAS CURRENTLY SUSPENDED ALL REGULAR WEEKLY MEETINGS UNTIL THE END OF AUGUST AND WILL KEEP THEIR STATUS UNDER REVIEW - MEMBERS ARE MEETING WEEKLY ONLINE USING ZOOM
A Welcome from the Club President Alan Jasper PHF
The Club normally meets every Thursday at 6:45pm at the Himley Country Hotel, School Road, Himley.
This website contains information about the Club and the Word of Rotary, along with links to UK Umbrella organisations Rotary in Britain and Ireland (RIBI) and Rotary Internationl (RI).
If you are interested in joing our Club or would like further information on our activities please do not hesitate to use the Contact us option on the website.
Futher details on ehat we do are given below:
Yours in Rotary
Rtn Alan Jasper PHF
Who are we …
Our Club is a proud part of this community and of Rotary International. Rotary is a global network of more than 1.2 million members who believe great things happen when dedicated minds come together.
What we do …
Our Club offers opportunities for our members – and those interested in making a difference – to get involved. Through meetings, social events and volunteer projects, our members learn about issues facing our community and communities all over the world. Solving real problems takes real effort, commitment, and vision.
How we make a difference …
Some of the organisations we are currently supporting:
· Locally - Providing Women's Refuge with food hampers; Sponsoring Young Citizens' Trophy in 14 primary schools; providing SEND equipment in a secondary school; arranging a “Kids Day Out” at a Theme Park for children at a Special School; supporting MAG; Sponsoring “Shakespeare in Schools” at two secondary schools; Guides and Scouts; Providing entertainment in care homes at Christmas.
· Nationally - Marie Curie Cancer Care; Alzheimer's Society; Medical Detection and Guide Dogs.
· Internationally - Ending Polio — Partnering with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the World Health Organization, and UNICEF to end polio, once and for all; Legs 4 Africa; Shelter Box; Australia Bush Fire Appeal.
Is it fun …
Along with these opportunities to serve, members are able to regularly network resulting in lifelong friendships. Fellowship is the bedrock of our Club. We like to serve but also to have a good time on the way! Some of the things we do:
· Jazz Evening; Ladies’ Night; Last Night of the Proms; International Evening
· Santa’s Sleigh Christmas Collections; Wombourne Carnival Stall; End Polio Day
· Visits to Musical Shows; Dogs at Monmore Green; Days Trips to interesting places
· District Sporting competitions including 10-pin bowling, snooker, darts and croquet
How can I get involved …
We normally meet Thursday evenings (6:45pm for 7:00pm) at Himley Country Hotel, School Lane, Himley. However, during the Covid-19 pandemic we have been meeting weekly via ZOOM.
Join our next meeting or service project – we always welcome volunteers who would like to give us a helping hand – and who may like to join us either as an Associate or Member. If you would like to see more of what we do then please look at our Club website at:
If you like to get involved, then email us at: RotarySedgleyandWombourne@gmail.com
We would love to hear from you! Becoming a Member enables you to meet your community’s leaders and to make an impact both here, nationally and around the world. We invite you to visit our Club and find more about us and the opportunities we offer to get involved.
Club President 20/21
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.