King's Lynn Priory Rotary Club (Club 1180)
We are a friendly and active club with a very wide range of community and fundraising projects and a full social calender. We are proud to be part of the worldwide Rotary community and keen to welcome new members
. We have also established a satellite club aimed at those who are not able or ready to commit to full membership of the club. If you want to know more about Rotary click on the following linkhttp://rotarygbi.org/about-us/communities For more on the satellite club click on What We Do above and select the Satellite Club page
- There's a lot going on at the moment - see our President's latest newletter under What we do.
- Annual Harvest Supper a great success
- Second Swimarathon to be held on 8th February, follow links above for details
- David Mills took over from Robert Jones as President in June
- Charity Golf Day raised almost £7000 for Park House and Club Charity Fund
- About 30 members and their partners enjoyed an excellent visit to Liverpool in May
- Easter Egg Trail raises a total of £4600 for East Anglia Air Ambulance Details
- Phil Davies presented with District Community Champion Award Photo Details
- First Swimarathon a huge success with over £9000 and rising raised for West Norfolk Young Carers and 5 other local charities. See Lynn News Report See video Fulldetails in what we do
- 5th Successful Technology Tournament held in November 2018.
- Cheques recently presented to: Gaywood Community Bunhgalow Project (£500), Reach for a star (£1000) , The Forget-me-not-Club (£1000)
In the past year we have distributed almost £20,000 to local charities. We run an annual harvest supper for the elderly and provide Dictionaries for Life to several schools.
If you would like to attend one of our meetings or are interested in joining the club please get in touch by clicking the contact tab below.
Meetings and events happening soon
Tuesday 21st January 18.30
Speaker Meeting - Smoke Alarms
Our speaker is John Archer from Diss Rotary Club. He will be talking about Rotary involvement with smoke alarms for the elderly.
Sunday 26th January 12.30
Held in Thoresby College in aid of our very own Rotary charity, Foundation.
Monday 27th January 19.00
Steering Group (Council) meeting
Held at President David's house
Tuesday 28th January 18.30
Fellowship Meeting - cancelled due to Winter Buffet held on 26th January
A meeting when anything could happen!
Tuesday 4th February 18.30
Details to follow
Saturday 8th February 12.00
Held at Alive St James Swimming Pool. More details to follow.details
Tuesday 11th February 18.30
Catch up on the latest information from the Team Leaders (Committee Chairmen)
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.
Flexibility creating new opportunities for new members
RotaKids supporting their local community
Meetings & Venue
Where and when:
KINGS LYNN GOLF CLUB, Castle Rising Road South Wootton, King's Lynn PE3 6BD 01553 631656