King's Lynn Priory Rotary Club (Club 1180)
We welcome new members to either our main club or the satellite club
We are a friendly and active club with a very wide range of community and fundraising projects and a full social calender. We are proud to be part of the worldwide Rotary community.
. We have also established a satellite club aimed at those who are not able or ready to commit to full membership of the club. If you want to know more about Rotary click on the following linkhttp://rotarygbi.org/about-us/communities For more on the satellite club click on What We Do above and select the Satellite Club page
Due to the Coronavirus all our nomal meetings at the golf club and and all events have been cancelled until further notice. We are continuing to meet weekly using Zoom.
- The handover of the presidency from David Mills to Derek Stringer took place in Derek Stringer's garden with very limited attendance due to the Coroanavirus. However Videos may be seen
- £500 donated to both Samaritans and King's Lynn Food Bank to help response to increased need and reduced funding during coronovirus pandemic
- Swimarathon raises £12500 for local charities
- About £1500 raised for the End Polio Now programme by the dinner held at Knights Hill Hotel.
- A record of 84 entries for this years Young Photographer competition
- Second Swimarathon a huge success. 38 Teams took part to raise funds for local charities Pictures and Details Information on funds raised to follow shortly
- There's a lot going on at the moment - see our President's latest newletter under What we do.
- Annual Harvest Supper a great success
- David Mills took over from Robert Jones as President in June
- Charity Golf Day raised almost £7000 for Park House and Club Charity Fund
In the past year we have distributed almost £20,000 to local charities. We run an annual harvest supper for the elderly and provide Dictionaries for Life to several schools.
If you would like to attend one of our meetings or are interested in joining the club please get in touch by clicking the contact tab below.
Meetings and events happening soon
Tuesday 7th July 18.30
Zoom Speaker meeting
Richard Cartwright , who is known to several of our members will be speaking on a subject to be confirmed
Tuesday 21st July 18.30
Zoom Speaker meeting
The speaker is Mike Gladwin who will tell the amazing story of his father who was was an RAF pilot who was shot down over France in World War 2 and escaped over the Pyrenees
Tuesday 28th July 18.30
Zoom Meeting with Speaker
Our Speaker will be Mike Storr who is a member of the Rotary Club of Carlton near Nottingham. His talk is entitled "Masters of Mirth" and is about music hall comedy
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.
Flexibility creating new opportunities for new members
RotaKids supporting their local community
Meetings & Venue
Where and when:
(Meetings suspended during coronavirus pandemic and held on Zoom Tuesdays 6.30-7.30)
KINGS LYNN GOLF CLUB, Castle Rising Road South Wootton, King's Lynn PE3 6BD 01553 631656