Club Committees/ International Services
International committee is chaired by Mike and here follows a resume of what they do.
Chairman: Mike Hall
Deputy Chairman: Doug Elliott
Within Rotary International there are 6 'Areas of Focus'.
The Committee wishes to support the following projects.
Water & Sanitation:-
- We are considering a sponsored event based on 'Roll out the Barrel', for WaterAid.
- Supporting the District's project in Eshowe, South Africa to put a toilet block & water storage tanks in each of 3 rural schools.
- Kaloko Trust - supporting a school community in Zambia.
- Meg Fletcher's Kinamba project in Kigali, - possible link with Rotary Club of Virunga.
- Donation to Daniel's school in Ghana linked with Low Furness Primary School.
- Mary's Meals in Malawi.
- Donation to Harry Barron teaching English speaking in schools in Sri Lanka.
- REMIT purchase of Mosquiti nets.
- Support World Malaria Day 25th April 2014.
- Continue support of 'End Polio Now' campaign, World Polio Day 24th October 2013.
- Support Vision Aid Overseas - spectacles collected through local opticians.
- Support Second sight to provide cataract operations in India.
Economic & Community Development:-
- We have no specific projects in mind but believe that by supporting the above projects the Communities involved will benefit and develop.
Peace & Conflict Resolution:-
- As above we have no specific projects in mind.
- We keep a sum of money ready to support any Disaster. To fund this we have our annual Duck Race.
- We are considering supporting 'DisasterAid' a charity providing essential equipment.