This committee deals with international projects and disaster relief work.
Plans for the year:John Barrow (JB) (Chair), Barrie Birch (BB), Pierre Richterich (PR), Robert Askew (RA), Tony Ashton (TA)
- Shoe Boxes (30 + in stock) - Final batch - Fill / Deliver the Boxes in stock (Preston Warehouse) RA
- Sals Shoes – Collect and send to south of England) - Speaker (RC Aireborough) - Collections (to Robert’s Barn) - Delivery Cost £50 ?? RA / RA
- Rohingyan Refugees in Britain (Speaker / possible Donation) - Via 2018/19 District Secretary Paul Discussion Committee meeting. Donation of £250 ? Further Meeting
- Hearing Hospital in Malawi (Prof Chris Raine and Anne) - Speaker / Donation: £250 / £500 Agreed to ask Speaker(s). JB
- Peace Studies (Aim to get a Student Speaker) - An Information Meeting - Contacts in place. Hopes are high BB
- Sand Dams for Kenya (Club Grant Application under way). - £500 (provided for in 2018/19) Donation depends on Funds raised at District Await Outcome
- Mosquito Nets (to be re-considered for this Year) - £250 - Situation known and understood. Consider! JB / Pres.
- Mercy Ships (many years since last Speaker - + Donation). - Not reviewed for many Years. Committee to consider: Donation £250 ?? Meeting to consider
- ShelterBox Talk (Contents changes - + Donation) - £590 for one Box - Speaker and Viewing of Box Contents RA
- Remote Village in western Uganda - Womens’ Workshops making Bags & Clothing - Canon & Chris Mitchell -01535 631837: email@example.com -Talk with Slides. Clothing / Bags available to buy. No Direct Donation is sought JB
- Saltergate Children’s Homes & Schooling etc – Kevin Morley (Ethiopia) - Currently, a more ‘Live’ prospect than Hope & Homes for Children. - Possible further Talk / Donation £250 PR