Plans for the year:
Peter Meredith (Chair), Derek O'Hearne, Keith Howard, Robert Allan, ++CLUB
Charity Golf Match
This project is our main fund raiser of the year to provide funds for other Committees within the Rotary Club of Bradford Blaize who require funds for specific projects and also for “general” charitable purposes.
The last Blaize Annual Golf Classic (28th Holding) was at Ilkley Golf Club on 19th June 2019 – and we raise over £5,000 for charitable purposes – mostly used locally. The current year’s Golf tournament is on hold till the current uncertainty over social distancing clears.
In addition to the funds raised by the Golf Tournament other projects/events are :
- The fining of members at Rotary meetings (and if appropriate guests) due to their bad/inappropriate behaviour or because they fail to do their Rotary duties. Due to the meetings moving to Zoom the members have agreed to contribute £10/person on a voluntary basis.
- Raise money from those participating in the Blaize Trailers’ monthly walks who each contribute £1 per walk – the current sum raised and not spent stands at c£1,000. Previously, via this revenue source two disaster/shelter boxes have been purchased. We expect the walks to restart soon.
- Also two other projects that were in the pipeline but temporarily on hold are:
1. Peter Meredith is looking at a number of small fun things to do that would each raise a small
amount of money.
2. Atif is looking to have a Charity Dinner with the aim of raising £2,000. Funds would be shared
between two charities - Marie Curie Hospice in Bradford and some other charity from within the local
South East Asian community.