There are six areas of focus for International projects:
· Peace and conflict prevention/resolution
· Disease prevention and treatment
· Water and sanitation
· Maternal and child health
· Basic education and literacy
· Economic and community development
Through this committee Rotarians help in various ways:
· By providing financial support to existing international projects for developing countries. In recent years we have given donations to the following:
· We have initiated two projects in Uganda:
To provide clean water and sanitation to rural communities in the Masaka region, improving the lot of 7000 people.
To advise on waste handling and recycling in the city of Masaka.
By contributing to ‘Lend with Care’ we help to provide micro finance to entrepreneurs in the developing world.
We have regularly given financial support to Shelterbox, which provides emergency aid to disaster-stricken areas.
Since the 1970s our club has been twinned with the La Rochelle Aunis Rotary Club in France and we have fellowship visits every year, alternating between La Rochelle and Falmouth and staying in the homes of fellow Rotarians.
To raise funds for international projects and for other club projects the international committee regularly organises events such as wine tasting evenings, race nights and quizzes.
more The WASH project is a scheme to bring improved sanitation to Ugandan villages.
more The Rotary Club of Falmouth is twinned with the Rotary Club of La Rochelle-Aunis, France. This has brought about strong and lasting friendships which helps to advance international understanding, goodwill and peace.