Throughout it's existence, the Rotary Club of Coventry Jubilee has been active in projects which help the local community. The Committee organises, help out with and manages several activities which include:thumbnail view
- Our most recent project is the renovation of Sherbourne Fields School Garden. Sherbourne caters for children with both physical and learning needs. We are helping with the creation of a wheel chair accessible garden which is being planned to help stimulate the senses by planting tactile and fragrant plants in raised beds.
- Sponsoring each year disadvantaged and special Children to a fun day out with the Kid's Out Charity at Drayton Manor Park.
- Helping collect donations of food for Coventry Foodbank
- Planting tree's at Longford Park in Coventry from the Free Tree's for Schools and Community Project run by the Woodland Trust.
- Some of our club members help in local schools, helping children to read, improve numeracy and literacy skills.
- Sponsoring and supporting Young Carers to holidays away, days out, materials for activities and giving them the opportunities to meet other Young Carers and socialize with their peers away from the home.
- De Cluttering, each year we give our members to opportunity to bring unwanted possessions to the club and we donate these to a local charity.
- Rotary Stars Citizen Ship Award: Local children who have shown good citizenship for helping others in their school receive a certificate and badge.