The Beginning of the Club 1927-1928
The First Meeting.
The first meeting to discuss establishing a Rotary club in Denbigh took place in October 1927 and on February 7th 1928 the charter recognising Denbigh as a Rotary club was signed. There were 27 founding members led by Dr. Lloyd Hughes (president), W. A. Evans (secretary) and David Webbe Davies (treasurer) and we thank them all for their vision.
They were advised and encouraged by members of the Rotary Clubs of Colwyn Bay and Rhyl and in particular by Rotarian Joseph Lloyd of Rhyl. Rhyl is our 'mother club'.