- Assisting with Crucial Crew (safety scenarios for 11 year children).
- Voluntary Stewarding at town events.
- Providing transport for 'Gateway Club' Attleborough.
- Supporting young people in the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) where young, non-Rotarian participants engage in leadership and team building activities in a one week residential course.
- Staffing and coordinating Wymondham Food Bank.
Supporting Local Charities
We support a number of local charities on a regular basis with regular donations and frequently have a main local Charity which we support. Some of the main local Charities we have supported in the last three years include:
- The East Anglian Children's Hospice (EACH) - The Nook Appeal
- Community Heartbeat Trust (provision of defribulator)
- Wymondham & Attleborough Talking Newspapers
- Norfolk's Special Schools
In 2016-17 we are supporting charities helping young people
Our main club and satellite club have so far raised £19,000 for the Nook Appeal.
Charity Work Overseas in last three years
There have been four major Projects
- Support for the Wulugu project providing education to combat poverty in northern Ghana
- Teaching English using specialist computer education programmes in India
- Providing equipment for a charity in the Congo
- Providing relief to communities suffering through the Nepal Earthquakes
Service Through Rotary Foundation
Rotary Foundation provides a means for the 1.3 million Rotarians world wide to work together on projects of International importance
- Thanks for Life: Polio Eradication. Twenty years ago Polio was still endemic in many countries in Europe as well as in most other countries worldwide. Thanks to Rotary, the number of countries is now down to 4 with just around 1000 cases a year. There is a major drive at present to finally eradicate Polio from the face of the earth.
- Group Study Exchange. To promote frienship and understanding, groups of 4 non-Rotarians led by a Rotarian Leader participate in a 4 week exchange with a similar group from a different part of the world. This is done on a District basis (the Rotary Club of Wymondham is in District 1080). Recent exchanges have been with Argentina, Turkey, Australia, Philipines, India, and Illinois.
- Ambassadorial Scholars. Rotary International supports students from one District to study in a District in another country.