Rotary Club of Elgin
For more information on each of our News articles, please click on the full story to the right.
- Club President Margaret Stenton is appointed as a Deputy Lord Lieutenant of Moray, Congratulations from all club members
- Club Members donate £1000 to Moray Food Bank
- Zoom and Facetime Meetings replace face to face meetings for club members
- Club Face to Face and forthcoming activities cancelled due to Worldwide Covid-19 Pandemic
- 39th Champion of Champions Bothy Ballads held, Joe Aitken winner presented with Porridge Bowl and Donald Ferguson Medal.
- Indian Banquet arranged by International Team was held at Elgin Golf Club and is expected to raise in excess of £1,000 for our Mayaga Water Project.Guest Chef Pushp Vaid from Westhill arranged and prepared the fabulous food enjoyed Rotarians, Friends and Golf Club Members.
- Peter Mutch of Moray Rotarct is awarded Paul Harris Fellowship, refer our Club Achievements page for full details on this award.
- Caring at Christmas Presentations of £1,680.00 to Moray Wellness Centre, Alzheimer Scotland (Moray) and The Scottish Association for Mental Health. A total of £6,780.00 was raised.
- Caring at Christmas Collections involving collections and bag packing at Asda, Tesco and Marks & Spencers.
- IPDG Ian Dow presented President Margaret Stenton of Rotary Elgin with a 2018-2019 Rotary Citation with ‘Platinum Distinction’. Only eight Clubs in District 1010 have been awarded a Citation and Elgin were the only Club to gain ‘Platinum Distinction’.
- President Margaret Stenton had the pleasure of presenting The Rotaract Shield to Rotaract Moray. This is presented to a Rotaract club in within Scotland North Rotary - District 1010 for an event or project undertaken. They received this award for their fabulous show 'A Night at The Musicals' which has raised over £15,000 in the four years it had been run. The show will also be back for a fifth year in 2020.
- President Margaret Stenton along with Ian Sutherlan of Robertson presented the top apprentice award to Lewis Sim of Macdonald & Munro at Moray College UHI Construction Awards Ceremony.
- IPP George Duthie presented Rotaract Moray with Citation for all their hard work in our community and overseas during the year 2018/19.
- Mayaga Water Project, launch of Global Giving Page 9th September to raise funds for much needed water supply.
- Moray Rotaract are presented with Presidential Citation from IPP George Duthie in recognition of their work within our community and End Polio Now.
- Margaret Stenton becomes President of Rotary Elgin, succeeding Past President George Duthie.
- Garden Party at Spynie with Lord Lieutennant Grenville Johnston, friends and family.
- HRH Princess Royal visits club for special lunch with Lucy Lintott (Lucy's Fight) and Cameron Main (Abbies Sparkle) speakers of the day.
- Rotarian Julie Williams receives "Stepping up to Plate" award.
- Rotary Elgin Hold Inagural Event Rotafun which is hailed a success by Press, Clubs and Organisations attending
- Finlay Weir receives a Paul Harris Fellowship Award
- Public Collections undertaken to help those in the aftermath of Cyclone Idia
- May Gilchrist of Coast to Coast is presented with Community Award
- Brenda Munro receives St Andrews Quaich
- Caring at Christmas Collections
- Mosstowie Primary School form a new RotaKids Club
- World Polio Awareness Action - Schools get involved in crocus corm planting and a coffee morning is held raising over £600 towards End Polio Now
- President George Duthie and Ian Sutherland (Robertson) present Top Apprentice Award at Moray College UHI Construction Awards Ceremony
- President George Duthie takes over the reigns of Elgin club from Past President Andy Jamieson
- Davie Small give Secretary's report, full download available, read all about club activities during this Presidential Year
- Hugh Carter receives Stepping up to the Plate award from President Andy Jamieson
- Moktoberfest Present Club with Cheque for £10,000.00
- Rotarians return from unforgettable trip to Nepal - refer Communities Overseas
- Competition Launch - A Poem for Harry (Prince) and Meghan
- Progress report from our Water and Sanitation Project in Nepal
- IPP Sandy Ritchie Receives Paul Harris Fellowship Award
- New Elgin Primary School wins local heat of Primary Schools Quiz - refer Opportunities for Youth
- Christy Lawrence wins local heat of Young Chef Competition - refer Opportunities for Youth
- Marafun 2017 Beneficiaries Announced
- Elgin Rotary 90th Charter
- Press Statements relating to incident during annual fireworks display
- World Polio Day 2017, Light up Elgin and Lossiemouth
- Elgin Rotary Carribean Hurrican Appeal
- Community Award Presented to Laich of Moray Trust
- New Rotary year, new President for Elgin
- Elgin Rotarian is District Governor for District 1010
- Opportunities for Young, winners of Young Writer and Young Photographer 2016/17
- Elgin Rotarian Margaret Stenton "Steps up to the Plate"
- Rotakids fill Shoeboxes for Eastern Europe - refer Communities Overseas
- Elgin to host informal night to new members
- Hector Riddell takes Champion of Champions Bothy Ballads Title for 2017
- Playlist for Life Creates Moray Hub - refer Communities at Home
- Caring at Christmas Collections raises £6600 for local charities
- Club launches joint iniative with Playlist for Life
- Fenella Allan scoops Young Chef 2016
- East End Win Primary Schools Quiz
- Rotary Club Awards Winner of Castle-Cathedral-Cashmere Writing Competition
- Rotakids Launch
- Presidential Handover
- Elgin Street Pastors awarded Community Award
- Rotarian Andy, recognised with Community Award
- Rotaract stage "A Night at the Musicals"
- Lorna steps Up to the Plate
- Rotarian Bill Ross awarded Paul Harris Fellow
- Glen Elliot awarded MBE
- Emma Riddell picks up Young Chef Award
- Winter Entertainment ends with Entertainers Ceilidh
- Elgin Rotarians Celebrate receipt of The Queens Award for Voluntary Service
- Swimarathon 2016 hailed another success and raises in excess of £3,000
- Bothy Ballads Champion of Champions 2016 - Winner Shona Donaldson
- £6660 handed over to Mental Health Charities from Caring at Christmas Collection
- Rotarian Ben Goss recognised with an OBE
- Presentation of St Andrews Quaich
- Diageo Marafun 2015 raises £46,024 for local charities and organisations
- Rotary Club of Elgin receives The Queens Award for Voluntary Service
- Fochabers Fiddlers receive Rotary Community Award
- Presidential HandoverCommunity Award Presented to Laich of Moray Trust