Overseas Projects and Charities
Keswick Rotarians have a proud history of delivering international aid projects and supporting small UK charities that work overseas.
These charities, staffed by volunteers, achieve a “big bang for the buck” and have transformed countless lives. Diverse in their impact they share a common theme; all are driven by people passionate about improving the quality of life for those living in poverty or without access to healthcare that we take for granted.
Our projects and supported charities include:
- Choche Cofee Growers Cooperative: Keswick Rotary Club lead Million Birr Grant Project in Ethiopia
- Light Education Development (LED): Supporting mountain communities in Nepal and Peru through the distribution of solar lights; education and healthcare supplies
- Mgebisa School: Providing a kitchen garden and sanitation for a school in Kwa Zulu Natal
- Second Sight: Curing cataract blindness in Bihar Province, India
- Tea Leaf Trust: Providing educational support to tea plantation workers in Sri Lanka
We contribute to international aid projects around the world. Responding to global emergencies we raise much needed funds through our wishing wells, located at Fitz Park and the corner of Main Street in the town.
On an ongoing basis, we support the UK based charity Shelterbox, who provide emergency shelter and survival equipment for families in the wake of disaster.
Social Events & Fund Raising
We organise several social events each year to raise funds for our charities and projects with a strong emphasis on having fun. Past events have included Car Treasure Hunts, BBQs and an annual International Supper Evening at Portinscale Village Hall.