weekly news 28/9/15
Johnnie's weekly news
Notes on the meeting of Monday 28th September
‘Joe’ Joanne Scales gave us a heart felt talk and passionate appeal for support for her ‘Downright perfect’ charity she’s established to help parents with a Downes Syndrome child. Members of the Club were clearly sympathetic to her cause and Chris described her as ‘an incredible person’ in his vote of thanks.
Les gave a brief synopsis of the Beer Fest and thanked the Committee and all the helpers for their support. The festival is growing and growing! Nigel congratulated Les on the event’s success. Photos and an ECHO article on the Beer Fest, were circulated.
We had three visitors: Steve Mitchell and Chris Wright and Bill’s guest Ivan Heal.
· Terry received a letter from Ester Ransom’s PA declining his invitation for her to speak to Bransgore Rotary Club in 2016!
· Nigel received an email from Hants Police warning of a series of thefts and break-ins locally (perpetrator called ‘Jed’ or ‘Jeb’.) Make sure metal gates, trailers, tools etc are secure.
· John reminded members that there are still spaces available for the Brewery visit (Wed. Nov. 4th) and the Day trip to France (Fri. Oct. 16th.)
· Men’s Health Talk, Prostate, etc. @ Greyfriars Community Centre Wed. 7th Oct. Contact: Johnnie 01425 476930
· Next Monday: Speaker Ron Laikey from Owls Farm on the subject of ‘Water Meadows.’
· Non attendance for meetings should be notified to Nick on 01425 620302
Dates for your diary:
Wed. 7th Oct. Ringwood. Men’s Health Talk
9th 10th 11th Oct. District Conference @ Bristol.
Mon 26th Oct. Ladies Night Buffet inc. wine! @ The Carpenters
Wed 4th Nov. Ringwood Brewery Trip.
Sun 8th Nov. Ann’s Dinner @ The Jetty
Tues. 17th Nov. RMDS Soiree.
Fri 18th Dec. Xmas Party @ Tyrell’s Ford.
1st – 3rd April. Rotary GB&I Conference in B’mouth. £65 for early registrants.
Fri 10th June. Nigel’s President’s Night. Avonmouth Hotel
24th – 26th Sept 2016. B’gore Beer Fest!
Ian was Master @ Arms and ‘lucky’ Les won a well-deserved raffle prize again!
John opens World Parkinson's Day Event at Pavilion Dance
Rotary support for Parkinson's sufferersdetails