Johnnies weekly news 19/10/15
If you missed the meeting this will fill you in
This was a Business Meeting and the minutes will be circulated in due course.
Terry gave a résumé of the Club’s day trip to Cherbourg. A good but long day out (for the old folks); calm waters, good food, good company, exceptional driving and le shopping to replenish our cellars. Thanks go to the Sports & Social committee!
Nigel welcomed guest and prospective new member Chris Wright to the Business Meeting. (if he can endure that, he’ll enjoy Rotary)
There’d been no Club visits.
* Sports and Social John a) circulated details of another Shopping Opportunity organised by Christchurch R.C. 6.30 – 9.30 Thurs 19th Nov. @ The Emporium £5 ph. b) Invited menu suggestions for the Ladies Night Buffet (on behalf of The Carpenters … preferably not Lobster Tails, etc!)
* Nigel a) informed the Club of PDG George Buckley’s serious illness. He’s presently at Dorchester Hospital. Visitor’s welcome. b) Circulated a letter and publicity from the Haven Breast Cancer Charity. c) Invited the Club’s opinion of suitable candidate for District Governor 18 –19. 3:1 majority for Allan Smith from Rotary Club of Jersey.
* George reported on the success of the Bransgore Croquette team in winning the Southern Counties Association Handicap. See reports in NM Advertiser and Echo.
* District Council Meeting Sat. 31st Oct. meeting Tues. 13th Oct 10.00 – 13.00 @ Mountbatten School, Romsey. SO51 5SY. (all welcome!)
* Next week’s a Ladies’ Night Buffet inc. wine! (Courtesy of Nigel) It’s also Nigel & Barry’s birthdays!!!!! It’s assumed that you’ll be attending Ladies Night with your partner, unless you notify Nick otherwise.
* Non attendance for meetings should be notified to Nick on 01425 620302
Dates for your diary:
Sat 31st Oct. District Council Meeting
Wed 4th Nov. Ringwood Brewery Trip.
Sun 8th Nov. Ann’s Dinner @ The Jetty
Tues. 17th Nov. RMDS Soiree.
Fri 18th Dec. Xmas Party @ Tyrell’s Ford.
1st – 3rd April. Rotary GB&I Conference in B’mouth. £65 for early registrants.
Fri 10th June. Nigel’s President’s Night. Avonmouth Hotel
24th – 26th Sept 2016. B’gore Beer Fest!
Andy was Master @ Arms and Bill won the raffle.
John opens World Parkinson's Day Event at Pavilion Dance
Rotary support for Parkinson's sufferersdetails