In 1989 a Declaration of Rotarians in Business and Professions was adopted to provide more specific guidelines for the high ethical standards called for in the Object of Rotary. In 2013 the Declaration was amended and re-named “Rotary Code Of Conduct”. It now states:
As a Rotarian I will:
1. Exemplify the core value of integrity in all behaviours and activities.
2. Use my vocational experience and talents to serve in Rotary.
3. Conduct all of my personal, business, and professional affairs ethically, encouraging and fostering high ethical standards as an example to others.
4. Be fair in all dealings with others and treat them with the respect due to them as fellow human beings.
5. Promote recognition and respect for all occupations which are useful to society.
6. Offer my vocational talents: to provide opportunities for young people, to work for the relief of the special needs of others, and to improve the quality of life in my community.
7. Honour the trust that Rotary and fellow Rotarians provide and not do anything that will bring disfavour or reflect adversely on Rotary or fellow Rotarians.
8. Not seek from a fellow Rotarian a privilege or advantage not normally accorded others in a business or professional relationship.
See also our 'Mission Statement' - The Object of Rotary